Maxlife 5w and 10w 30 / no reductions in MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen several people recently disucss how they notice reduction in MPG when using Maxlife synblend. I havn't noticed anything in regard to this. My vehicles seem to get exactly the same fuel economny as when using a straight non-HM conventional. Anyone else in my boat? those of you who have noticed a drop, is it really consistant?

I actually did see a drop in MPG. I was getting around 15.9 - 16.2mpg in mixed driving with my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherkoee; 166,000 miles, 318 Magnum, when it had the 10w30 Quaker State green bottle in it. When I changed to Valvoline MaxLife 10w30 Red Bottle Blend, it's been 14.8-15.1mpg.

I have a jug of 10w30 Max Life Full Synthetic Silver Bottle for the next oil change. I would guess it will got back up a tick being a full-synthetic oil. I think I might try Pennzoil Platinum 10w30 for winter. My little Mopar Powerhouse shows no signs of letting up!

I get about 2 MPG better using Napa 10W30 over High Mileage Napa 10W30 or 10W30 Maxlife. I get a little more power on the butt dyno with conventional 10W30 too. In my case anyway, my truck was a little sluggish on Maxlife.

You guys with the "butt dyno's" that can distinguish either brand or oil weight must have much more sensitivity than I can ever imagine!

I can surely feel the difference between my buddy's 2007 GSXR1000 and my '93 ZX-11...

(PLEASE NOTE: It has 20 more hp and weighs 150 lbs. less!)

...but I can't FEEL the difference between 10W-40 and 20W-50 oil.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back