MaxBlast saves the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I decided to shuffle some of my HD around, by downgrading one machine so I can have a matching pair for a future raid in another machine. Turns out something was on that drive (Knoppix) and Partition Magic got confused by it. I spend some time using the Windows 2000 installer CD to wipe it clean, then PM still have problem with copying a boot partition (changed its drive letter). Finally I gave up and try to reinstall Windows, and ran into drivers out of support on my obsoleted components.

Then I found out the new MaxBlast actually let you clone a drive in windows, and in 5 mins my clone is done, with the correct size, same parameters, same partition serial number (so all of my old apps work).

All for the cost of nothing. Should have tried looking for free software online first.

http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

Another disk cloning program, works with all types of partitions and lets you clone a drive onto an FTP server, supports compression, easy to use, only 4 commands. Only drawback is if you don't have an DHCP server on your subnet, you need to manually configure the NIC with ifconfig (only an issue for the OK-CANCEL crowd)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back