Marvel diesel supplement at biglots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any info on this stuff? Like what's actually in it, Because regular MMO makes a terrible diesel fuel additive especially compared to good old 2T oil.

Claims

(Marvel Diesel Supplement not only increases fuel economy by eight percent and keeps fuel injectors clean and lubricated, but it also improves the cold flow properties of ULSD to prevent gelling and improve vehicle performance in cold weather. Adding Marvel Diesel Supplement can decrease diesel fuel cold flow point from negative five degrees to negative 40 degrees. It also gives your customer’s engine a powerful punch they can feel by boosting octane rating up to three numbers.

Marvel Diesel Supplement will improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine damage and improve cold flow properties in all diesel engines including pre-2007 diesel engine models.)

marvel2LOjpg_00000016993.jpg

$2.50 a bottle. found the MSDS on it.

MSDS for the diesel supplement
http://www.turtlewax.com/upload/msdp/MM60-1-1107$e6b02e99a472e30.pdf

main POSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS

COMPONENT CAS NUMBER CONCENTRATION (wt %)
Mineral Spirits 64742-47-8 48 – 52
2-Ethylhexyl Nitrate 27247-96-7 15 – 28
Petroleum Naphtha 064742-94-5 9 – 16
Naphthalene 00091-20-3 1 – 4

The 2-Ethylhexyl Nitrate is the cetane booster but Naphthalene [censored] that's what mothballs are made of, so what does that do for your fuel?

Vs regular MMO
http://www.turtlewax.com/upload/msdp/MM08-3$9b1bd74060feb5b0.pdf

COMPONENT CAS NUMBER CONCENTRATION (wt %)
Naphthenic Hydrocarbons 64742-52-5 70 – 80
Mineral Spirits 08052-41-3 20 – 30
Chlorinated Hydrocarbons 00095-50-1 0 – 1

Last edited:
When I was growing up people said putting mothballs in your gas tank would boost octane. I never felt the need to find out. Then there was the crew that said to put a quart of jet fule in your gas tank. I think STP actually advertised that on thier gas treatment(made with jet fuel). I thought it was hilarious since jet fuel is primarily kerosene.

My Big Lots had that stuff for sale last year. It was $2.00 a bottle and I bought all they had.

I notice a quieter idle and smoother running engine with it compared to untreated diesel fuel. No change in fuel economy over untreated fuel.

Originally Posted By: sittingduck57
When I was growing up people said putting mothballs in your gas tank would boost octane. I never felt the need to find out. Then there was the crew that said to put a quart of jet fule in your gas tank. I think STP actually advertised that on thier gas treatment(made with jet fuel). I thought it was hilarious since jet fuel is primarily kerosene.

Kerosene and MMT. Two things that do not belong in gasoline.

Yep, STP is still making money off that jet fuel labeling
smile.gif
Their little red "Gas Treatment" bottles are still marked as such; I guess the fact that it contains Jet Fuel, it's supposed to make it good for your gasoline
smile.gif

AFAIK, the whole idea is to raise the octane of the gasoline a notch, to help with removal of contaminants and "balancing" the gasoline.....? Was always told, if you got "water in the tank" to add STP red bottle to help "purge it", the kerosene would allegedly increase the flash point of the "gasoline+water mix" allowing you to purge the tank.

But I think they even have a FAQ on their site, it won't help you at all if say, the neighbor shoved the garden hose into your tank and filled it up with water :p Lay for locking gas caps, much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back