Marine Grease for Farm Tractors and Equipment???

We have a farm and frequently equipment and tractors find themselves left out in the elements, rain, snow, ice - etc.

I have read that marine grease is more resistant to washing out and has some anti-corrosive properties.

My question is - can I use marine grease across the board on our tractors and implements from wheel bearings to PTO joints and higher speed bearings? If so, I’m willing to pay the extra expense for it to help preserve and maintain our tractors and equipment.

Are there any ratings, formulations I need to be aware of and on the look-out for, which are desirable or ones to avoid.

Please school me on marine grease in a farm environment.

Thanks in advance!

We have a farm and frequently equipment and tractors find themselves left out in the elements, rain, snow, ice - etc.

I have read that marine grease is more resistant to washing out and has some anti-corrosive properties.

My question is - can I use marine grease across the board on our tractors and implements from wheel bearings to PTO joints and higher speed bearings? If so, I’m willing to pay the extra expense for it to help preserve and maintain our tractors and equipment.

Are there any ratings, formulations I need to be aware of and on the look-out for, which are desirable or ones to avoid.

Please school me on marine grease in a farm environment.

Thanks in advance!
I don't see why not, especially on bearings, most people don't use it as it is more $$$

I just started using travellers marine and 4 x 4 grease from tractor supply.
Just packed my boat wheel bearings and greased my 4 x 4 with it.

An aluminum or calcium complex grease is a good choice for a farm; especially manure handling equipment. Many marine greases are aluminum/calcium complex and handle water well, but for the price you can probably do better.

My suggestion is to locate a few tubes of Texas Refinery 880, or Schaeffer 219 grease and see what you think. Either one will cut your grease consumption significantly compared to a cheap grease.

The "kiss" rule works for me when it comes to grease. I found that Petro-Canada OG series to be ok for most applications and their synthetic gold for wheel bearings. Both GCLB. For general use Delo #2 EP, also GCLB.

I can’t comment on marine grease but I use Schaeffer 219 almost exclusively in all of our equipment. I run anything from a lawn mower to hay equipment, a track loader, dump trucks and OTR trucks.

Back