Many spam calls every day on my Samsung phone.

you answered one.. which is why you now get 40.

I used HIYA spam blocker in the past. now I use the built in one.

You have to give them scary phone permissions for them to work so make sure you have a legit one..
and not an ad for crapware they started showing in the playstore.

My new Samsung A14 5G has a built in Hiya spam blocker with the phone app. If you're getting 20-40 spam calls a day, your number is out there in broad daylight in the internet being exchanged and sold to random call centers.

T-mo scam shield works well if you happen to have T-Mobile.

IMG_4251.jpeg

The whole spoofing of local phone numbers drives me nuts 👿. But try to find legit app to install that may help. Make sure you have a voicemail box set-up & if you don't recognize the number let it go to VM. If it's important they'll leave a message. Some bottom of the barrel trash out here want to do us harm. Sad but true.

Somehow I started getting about 20-40 spam calls a day. I don't answer them no more. What's a good spam blocker? I have a S20 5G phone. Thanks
Who is your phone service?

I know T-Mobile has a page to filter scam type calls. Also with some phones if it's feasible for you, you can allow only people in your contact list to contact you and I think have the option to send others to voicemail.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 9.29.38 PM.jpg

if you answer a couple times they sell you all over the place to spammers.
true, another favorite, is folks themselves share their phone number/contact info on social media, traditional or nontrad like bitog.

Welcome to spammer central

Somehow I started getting about 20-40 spam calls a day. I don't answer them no more. What's a good spam blocker? I have a S20 5G phone. Thanks
Look to see if you have an option for spam blocking in your phone. If not call your provider and see if they can activate it.

Who is your phone service?

I know T-Mobile has a page to filter scam type calls. Also with some phones if it's feasible for you, you can allow only people in your contact list to contact you and I think have the option to send others to voicemail.

View attachment 203775
My phone service is Mint mobile, but I'll be changing over to Verizon Visible soon.

I have a cheap Moto phone from Cricket and one of the phone's default options is to block spammers. I've had at least 50-60 numbers listed in it's Settings and didn't need to download any 2nd/3rd party apps. My last phone had over 250 numbers in it, for I kept that phone for about 3-4 years. All I ever use cellphone for are calls, texts and Messaging.... dating back to 1991.

I just touched the three dots at the top-right of the screen of the incoming call. That listed Block Caller as one of many options

Last edited:
I hesitated to give out my cell number to most anything or anyplace for the longest time. In the last year or so it’s harder to do certain things without texts for three factor authentication and whatnot.

The spam calls have increased a lot unfortunately. Key is to never answer what you don’t recognize. I don’t know if it really matters. If your phone goes to gm they still know it’s operational…

if you answer they sell your number ;)
If it goes to VM they know it’s real too. Even if it’s a generic response.

Back