Malco Eagle Grips are here, USA made! [Snap-On]

Yup, looks like Snap-On has the first of the USA made Eagle Grips!

LP7WC and LP10WC

See the new locking pliers!
New-Made-in-USA-Hand-Tool-Teaser-1.jpg

Man at those prices I’ll pass. I prefer to just get them with the Malco name and save a ton of money. I hope they aren’t like the original Snap-on vise grips though I didn’t care for those.

. I wonder how the Malco prices will be and will the finish be the same?

I've used some Malco tools working with HVAC. I'll bet the fit and finish will be good, along with the price.
Glad to see they are up and going. I was wondering about them because the factory is close to me, but I think they are behind production schedule.

How much are Irwin vice gips? I’d pay double thst, maybe more.... but I don’t need mine saying snap-on.

Good vice grips are important... once I was in a pinch and bought a cheap set from AAP. They werent worth a darn. Fortunately they let me return them for store credit, used... and understood my issues...

Looking forward to the real thing when ready...

How much are Irwin vice gips? I’d pay double thst, maybe more.... but I don’t need mine saying snap-on.

Good vice grips are important... once I was in a pinch and bought a cheap set from AAP. They werent worth a darn. Fortunately they let me return them for store credit, used... and understood my issues...

Looking forward to the real thing when ready...
Totally agree they are important. I got a set of Chinese made ones, first use the serrated parts of the jaws just chipped and were so soft they weren’t useable it was disappointing. I’ll definitely buy the USA ones.

I have quite a few sets of old school Vise Grips. Glad I got em when I did. Never cared for anything that came later. I will probably grab some of these. I have a couple of welding projects coming up soon.

I also experienced the sub-par Vise Grips in recent years. They are essentially useless and I chucked two pairs shortly after buying them. I will definitely keep my eyes open for Malco. Meanwhile the Bremen grips (Harbor Freight) have been working fine for my needs. Much stronger than the Irwin crap but I don't expect them to compare to Malco...in performance or price.

glad i bough most everything i need YEARS ago when prices were decent for good USA made tools, today everything is getting $$$$$$! have a couple of snap on wrenches TRIPLE of a USA craftsman even years ago! many tools are lifetime, but not convenient when they fail using them. IMO bigger sizes are usually ok but smaller stuff needs more quality to last, not to mention fitment where smaller needs to be BETTER!!

Nice. Vise Grips sure took a dive when moving to China. Hope this is a new trend.
Indeed they did. I work in steel fabrication where I use 11R locking Vice Grip pliers on a daily basis. I have a few pairs that are 20+ years old. I bought a half dozen new ones about 5 years ago, sure enough, made in China. They've all been tossed, in every one the pins fall out after a couple years, often less. You can make them work by welding the pin back in, but they don't operate smoothly and with enough use they hang up on the welded pins, then it's trash time.

I was quite offended when I read a Facebook post from my cousin recently, whose daughter is going to welding school. It was a list of welding supplies the instructor had written down that every student needs to attend school. She was asking for folks to donate money/tools and what not, which is fine. But the instructor in his list had written ONLY VICE GRIP brand locking pliers will be allowed. Clearly this is coming from a man that doesn't do actual work with the tools, because the newer Vice Grip is same quality as Kobalt, Harbor Freight and others.

Back