Any news when the Malco Eagle Grips will be out?

They bought the old Vise-Grip building and was going to retool it and produce american made locking pliers.

I have not heard anything since like a year ago.

Haven't heard anything, but I thought I read their production facility had their grand opening.

I hope they are successful. I have several Vice Grip 11R clamps that I use daily that are well over 20 years old and still working fine. The new ones are junk. I bought a couple several years ago and the pins fell out of both sets. I kept them going by welding the pins in, but now the action isn't smooth. I didn't realize they were made in China until I compared them to the old ones and noticed DeWitt, NE is no longer stamped into them. The new ones just say "Original Vice-Grip" which is far from the truth. On the new ones COO is on the package, absent from the tool.

Recently a friend asked for help with tools for her daughter to attend a welding course at a local trade school. The list the instructor sent out included locking 11R style clamps and had a note at the bottom that stated "ONLY VICE-GRIP BRAND CLAMPS AND PLIERS ARE ACCEPTABLE." I wasted no time calling that fellow and dispelling the myth that Vice-Grip is somehow synonymous with quality. True years ago, but not now. That list clearly came from someone who doesn't use these tools for a living.

Malco haven’t seen them in business I got some of their extra long nut drivers from the pawn shop I use them all the time they are very handy

That article is from 2018. Malco bought the plant several years ago.

It mentions Friday Oct 19 and Monday Oct 22.
Sorry, didn't pick up on the year of the article. It was one of the first couple results so I incorrectly assumed it was recent.(y)

I live about 45 minutes away from DeWitt, Nebraska, where the old ViceGrip factory used to be. As some of you know and some of you don't, they bought the old factory and tried to hire on as many of the old ViceGrip employees as they could. Decades ago, my brother worked there during the winter for a pick-up job. (He's a farmer)
Every now and then, they make news in the local paper. Last I heard, they said they will make about as many locking pliers in one year as ViceGrips makes in one day. Perhaps that will change.
As noted in an earlier post, they make, and I own some good HVAC tools.

I tried to find a USA made ViseGrip and couldn't find one. Maybe there is one. Proto is made in Spain and Knipex in Germany. Even Snap On is made in China or Taiwan. China I think. Milwaukee is made in Taiwan. I don't see any quality difference between the Irwin ViseGrips made in China and the old USA ones I have, maybe the new are even better, probably because they are new. The part I don't like is Irwin chose to go to China for manufacturing to sell more ViseGrips for a low price, at the expense of losing jobs in their home country.

Hi All,
https://www.eaglegripusa.com/
This is the link to their website, I don't think they are in production yet but I will buy some as soon as they are available. There's an email list you can sign up to so they will notify you when production starts.

I tried to find a USA made ViseGrip and couldn't find one. Maybe there is one. Proto is made in Spain and Knipex in Germany. Even Snap On is made in China or Taiwan. China I think. Milwaukee is made in Taiwan. I don't see any quality difference between the Irwin ViseGrips made in China and the old USA ones I have, maybe the new are even better, probably because they are new. The part I don't like is Irwin chose to go to China for manufacturing to sell more ViseGrips for a low price, at the expense of losing jobs in their home country.
Well, If you are willing to pay for the Early Adopter and Snap On tax, you can get the new Made in USA vise grip from Snap-On which is the same as the new Eagle Grip from Malco.

Price is high but i want to wait a bit longer to see how much difference in price Malco's will be.

025FC441-11CC-45AE-B68D-1E3105C554AA.jpeg

Back