Make my own silent tyres

There are roads driven where a even good tire will be noisy. The road texture will produce the noise.
Perhaps some well placed DynaMat topped with 3M closed cell foam will really help. Not in tires … doors & floors …

There are roads driven where a even good tire will be noisy. The road texture will produce the noise.
Perhaps some well placed DynaMat topped with 3M closed cell foam will really help. Not in tires … doors & floors …
Good advice. My Lexus is allready more silent then the Rolls Royce from that time orignally but I have totally smashed it with Silent Coat. All the wheel wells, doors, trunk. Its full but on the highway on older roads like in Germany you can really hear the road and I want to do everything I can to eliminate that.

Hello my friends,

Normally I am driving on 245-45-18 Dunlop with NST (Noise shield technology)
These tyres are extremely silent because they have a layer of foam sticked in the inside of the tyre on the part of the thread.

Since I can't mount these tyres anymore because I have found my ultra rare Japanese dream rims which are way wider then original I am planning to mount. It will be 215-50-18 in the front and 225-50-18 in the rear.

There are no manufacturiers who make "extra silent" foam tyres in this size and since the technique is just a layer of foam I thought I could do this trick myself. I have seen many kinds of cheap and expensive kinds of foam in my life and I am pretty sure that the foam in my Dunlop tyres isn't the state of the art stuff.

I have a thick layer of silent coat sticked into the interior of my car and that stuff feels way better. More little air bubbles per inch.

My idea is to cut the foam really precise in a strip and stick it in the tyres myself. I am aware that thats needs to be cut and sticked in really precise.

My question to you guys is. Could there be any big or small risk to this idea? Big risk in a way of damaging the tyre after a wile causing an accident or a small risk like making some bad vibrations in the steering wheel.

I am really interested in your thoughts!
Have to tried looking for Continental ProContact TX Contisilent 245/45r18?

Have to tried looking for Continental ProContact TX Contisilent 245/45r18?
I have those tyres in a Dunlop form so they are way better then Conti... I need a smaller size... 225 and there are no silent tyres in that size... no silent tyres for me at this moment :(

Back