Maine Coon cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a mix breed **balinese barn cat for free. So many free ones out there that are great. No need to spend the extra $$.

**https://www.petmd.com/cat/breeds/c_ct_balinese
(In fact, the Balinese is noted for its lack of shedding amongst long coated cats. ... Colors are standard with the Siamese as well: seal point, blue point, lilac point, and chocolate point. ... So it was that in the course of World War I, the Siamese cat breed (along with most breeds ...)

Concerning shedding etc, use pet grooming gloves every day or every other day and it will help A LOT, sold under different names and can be had very inexpensively as little as $5. My cat was undecided the first time I tried to use them. After that, he purrs every time I come towards him with them on and while using them, he leans into it and loves it now and he rarely purrs any other time.

Yes, great cats and adopted a female as a kitten at the APL. Awesome personality and very dog like. When I would come home she would either be waiting for me at the door or running down the stairs to greet me. She would hear the garage door opening. Had her 13 years before her health declined. That was super hard when she died. Very people oriented. She would go from window to window watching neighbors out in the yard which the people commented on. Like when the neighbors would walk their dogs, etc...

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
So I have always enjoyed cats growing up and I am thinking about a pure bred Maine Coon cat or Kitten. I hear they are intelligent, fun, playful and affectionate. Anyone hear have one or ever have one they could comment on?

Had a charcoal gray one, with black stripes. He was a really big cat (not fat) and very friendly. Followed me for miles while hiking in the woods. During a hike, he would occasionally flush out a pheasant or terrify some other creature, the resulting ruckus would scare the living daylights out of me! He even followed me up the ladder on to the roof of my 2 story home. Lived a very long time and was healthy right up till the end. Wonderful animal.

One day, I stood up into an open swing-out window, slightly injured myself and fell to the ground in pain. He came right over to see if I was OK, with real concern. That's the only time an animal has ever shown concern for me.

I picked him up as a very small kitten and used to put him inside my jacket, he seemed to love it. Poking his head out, but content to just hang out, never jumping down. Oh, and he was tougher than the local dogs.

EDIT: Wanted to add that he never injured clawed or bit any of us, despite the rough-house treatment from 4 boys. Tolerant to a fault. He really loved all of us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back