Mahle OX1213D Oil Filter [5,000 Miles]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my 2019 Jeep Rubicon with the 3.6L running Castrol Edge. This Mahle filter held up very well and did not twist as is common with most filters for this engine. For example, I even had a FRAM Ultra that twisted. A Hastings [ClarCor) LF697 took its place and I have a WIX WL10010 on deck after that. Once I see the Hastings and WIX, I will decide on the brand going forward. Thus far, Mahle is the winner.

Enjoy!

[Linked Image from iili.io]

"MAHLE is a German automotive parts manufacturer based in Stuttgart, Germany. It is one of the largest automotive suppliers worldwide"

Made in China filter looks great!

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Looks like a Ecore.

Nearly all cartridge filters are e-core style, are they not?

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
"MAHLE is a German automotive parts manufacturer based in Stuttgart, Germany. It is one of the largest automotive suppliers worldwide"

Made in China filter looks great!

The only filter I have found for the 3.6L not made in China or Korea is Mopar and it is made in the USA.

Looks good! Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD

The only filter I have found for the 3.6L not made in China or Korea is Mopar and it is made in the USA.

The Wix XP/Napa Platinum comes up as US-made
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
2015_PSD: some Land Rover cartridges and OEM Jetta 4cylindera that use cartridge are MAHLE and not E CORES
wink.gif

Probably like the one used on the AMG I had, it was an e-core without the core because the core was part of the filter housing. I should think something is supporting the internal filter.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Looks good! Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

The Wix XP/Napa Platinum comes up as US-made
smile.gif

Well, the standard WIX is not, I have two of them and both are made in China. I would want to verify on the filter itself.

Looks like a Ecore.
No

Originally Posted by CR94
Looks like a Ecore.
No

Either the filter or the housing holds the "e-core" in every cartridge filter I have seen in passenger vehicles and light trucks. Have you seen many which do not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back