Mahle OC236 cut open + bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahle OC236 cut open with 11.500km on redline 5w30

all perfect but sometimes it was making a noise when i was starting the truck, also when i removed it from the truck, all the oil left from the filter so i guess drainback valve problem..drainback valve was soft and made from silicon though...anyway i got back to mann filter which is oem for my truck..i dont hear any noise now!

also changed my diesel filter after 25.000 km

its stanadyne 2 micron filter!

Just looking at the pictures, the build quality looks very good/strong but, it's the nice straight/non-wavy pleats that is very refreshing considering all of the Purolator Classic & PureONE filters that we've been exposed to.

How filters should be built. Tight, evenly spaced and straight pleating. That's what makes for a strong/durable filter.

Originally Posted By: webfors
How filters should be built. Tight, evenly spaced and straight pleating. That's what makes for a strong/durable filter.

Except for that whole "the adbv wasn't working" thing...

Reminds me of a Driveworks filter.
grin.gif

Nice looking construction very typical of Mahle. Did you get the start up noise the whole OCI or just towards the end?

Filter looks pretty dirty too, that with the failed ADBV makes me wonder if the interval is too long for the filter.

tgiannak where was the filter you use made?

I use Mahle in my VW and they are the OEM vendor so I have confidence in them. Most of their oil and air filter products are made in Austria.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Nice looking construction very typical of Mahle. Did you get the start up noise the whole OCI or just towards the end?

Filter looks pretty dirty too, that with the failed ADBV makes me wonder if the interval is too long for the filter.

i got the noise early on the oci but not all the time, quite often though when i left the truck overnight etc..i guess the filter got empty..i saw that when i removed from the truck and there wasnt any oil left inside...

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
tgiannak where was the filter you use made?

I use Mahle in my VW and they are the OEM vendor so I have confidence in them. Most of their oil and air filter products are made in Austria.

if im not mistaken its from austria..but filter's box labeled knecht filter and filter body labeled mahle..

this time i went with mann oem its super quality made in germany, and i will stay there!
next cut open will be mann!

filter looks that way because its a diesel truck!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tgiannak

filter looks that way because its a diesel truck!

That would do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back