Magnetic Out, ST in at Wally Auto Care Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got one. This is the $37 low end group 3 --still called semi-syn change. Guess all conventional is now semi syn and low end semi syn is now really group 3. Oils outstrip labels. Fine with me since I like the corporate culture of WPP better than BP.

Ten bucks more get you Mobil 1.

Originally Posted by csandste
Sorry for misspelling MAGNETEC on subject title.

It's actually spelled MAGNATEC.

If there's a way to correct that it would be nice for future searches.
You can click the Edit button and change it yourself, within the 30 minute limit.

Originally Posted by csandste
Sorry. Didn't know you could change subjects. Guess it's too late now.

I'm not gonna bust your balls at all. Thanks for the heads up sir as my older lady that lives near me takes her car to the Wal mart TLE near me.

Again, thanks for the heads up
smile.gif

Yeah, if you could edit it, you should add the location of this specific Walmart auto center too. This is not an across-the-board change. I just returned a battery core to WM 2 hours ago and everything was Castrol, Castrol, Castrol. H***, even their clock on the wall had a Castrol logo.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Yeah, if you could edit it, you should add the location of this specific Walmart auto center too. This is not an across-the-board change. I just returned a battery core to WM 2 hours ago and everything was Castrol, Castrol, Castrol. H***, even their clock on the wall had a Castrol logo.

Lake St Louis, MO

It must be regional here it's Pennzoil Platinum.

Originally Posted by dave1251

It must be regional here it's Pennzoil Platinum.

First Walmart change in years, cause I can get VWB for $10 plus a bit extra for disposal fees. Was looking for a 6000 mile oci to get me up to a odometer divisible by 5000. IIRC-- Here it's QS for the $20 cheapy, PYB for the $30, choice of Magnatec (now replaced by ST) or not sure which brandhigh mileage oil for $37 or Mobil 1 for $47 (used to be Penz Platinum IIRC). Looks like they may be dropping Shell brands-- might they eventually get to ST across the board with Mobil 1 on the high end. Who knows? Walmart will get the best deal they can. If ST can replace Magnatec they might broaden it's position. I was happy a decade or so ago with $10 ST base oil changes.

I'd rather pay $18 for ST than $21 for QS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back