Any rec's on the oil i have stocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys im new to the forum as a member but long time guest of the site. I reside in the state of Massachusetts

I went to the Local Wally world to capitalize on the 5$ off valvoline sale and such. ended up getting two Jugs of VWB, a jug of Mobil Super 5,000 and a jug of PYB for about 43 bucks after rollbacks. I have had great luck with those oils in previous vehicles. I change my own oil religiously so Syn is a waste to me call me old school.

With that being said I recently have swapped the engine(77,000 km 38,000 Mile Canadian sourced engine 1.6l 4afe) into my 1991 Toyota celica ST and am currently running a fill of castrol gtx hm 10w30 semi syn (got a good deal at the auto store). The engine i have in now was sold without an oil pan so my question is now that its in and running( like a top)what do you think a good first OCI on it would be due to the pan being off for so long and is there any benefit of using 10w30 in summer per the manual vs a 5w30 for the summer months?

Thanks

Sounds like you got some solid bargains there.

If you're changing the oil as frequently as you imply, I would just run your normal OCI on the Celica.

No harm in running the 10w30 in the summer. No real benefit either, but if you got a good deal on it, no worries..
welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Sounds like you got some solid bargains there.

If you're changing the oil as frequently as you imply, I would just run your normal OCI on the Celica.

No harm in running the 10w30 in the summer. No real benefit either, but if you got a good deal on it, no worries..
welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif

Thanks I figured that.I always go off the owners or chiltons manuals viscosity index saying 10w30 is better for higher temps but just prob an added shear protection. The 5w30 would obviously offer better startup wear protection.i will most likely switch to 5w30 for fall/winter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back