Luxury Vinyl Plank Brand

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Did you install or see a brand you flipped out over in a flooring store.
More about quality and not color
Why did you like it so much?
Water proof or water resistant?

Did you install or see a brand you flipped out over in a flooring store.
More about quality and not color
Why did you like it so much?
Water proof or water resistant?
All LVP should be waterproof. Laminate flooring is the one that has water resistant or waterproof depending on cost.

Biggest thing to look for is wear layer and thickness.

All LVP should be waterproof. Laminate flooring is the one that has water resistant or waterproof depending on cost.

Biggest thing to look for is wear layer and thickness.
They actually make both if you look.
I wouldn't buy water resistant..
But my question wasn't on properties but what brand you like.
Thanks though!!!

This from Lowes
IMG_0581.jpg

Very well priced. Looks great. Did my basement right over the bare concrete. 3 years now and I am very pleased with the performance, appearance and price.

I did gray in a few rooms ~5-6 years ago.
Was only after we started putting it down I realized it was 4 or 5 different "shades".
Well, we pulled from several boxes to mix it, but still didn't mix that well.

Didn't hate it, but wasn't in love with it either.

I know it seems to hold up well. But I just don't like the look of luxury vinyl flooring as much as I like real tile (not the wood flavored tile, haha) or even some laminates.

But let's be practical, there are some floors where natural wood is quickly damaged, and tile is the wrong choice due to lack of floor rigidity.

I did an interior remodel of the public areas in our home two years ago, including taking the kitchen down to bare walls. I had my doubts about vinyl plank flooring but after checking out the various brands we decided to try it.

We used the COREtec brand, and let me tell you it's not cheap! It's waterproof, cork backed, either 7/16" or 9/16" thick (I forget), and very heavy. It feels super solid underfoot.

The plank we chose has a wood grain pattern and has beveled planks edges. It seems durable and is easy to clean. We've been happy with it.

Scott

IMG_8497.jpeg

I've been happy with the Tranquility brand sold at LL Flooring (aka Lumber Liquidators). I'm pretty sure the exact flooring I used was Tranquility Ultra. This was on a main floor, over top of an existing hardwood floor. Install was just like any other click-lock flooring and there's no noticeable wear in the three or four years it's been down.

LL Flooring seems to be moving away from the LVP products and more into Hybrid Resilient Flooring. Duravana is the LL brand. I'm shopping for about 700 square feet for a basement (over dricore subflooring) and their LVP selection is almost non-existent anymore. I'll probably end up with something from Duravana.

@MrHorspwer , thanks for sharing that LVP may be at the end of its popularity for residential housing, and that HRF may be the up and coming flooring used in residential homes. I have never hear of HRF and will be researching it.

I always though the LVP used commercially would be what I would be targeting if putting LVP into a home.

And to @Zee09 - good question as there appears to be a huge spectrum from entry level LVP to high quality LVP. My observation is most LVP does not have the depth of quality, and it takes a lot of time to find a quality LVP- a floor which one will love for many years in their home.

LifeProof HD brand. 22mm wear layer. Love it. Look at reviews

20 year commercial warranty

I have the stuff in multiple areas including the foyer entryway and you cannot at all scrape this stuff even with rocks in your shoes doesn't matter

I did an interior remodel of the public areas in our home two years ago, including taking the kitchen down to bare walls. I had my doubts about vinyl plank flooring but after checking out the various brands we decided to try it.

We used the COREtec brand, and let me tell you it's not cheap! It's waterproof, cork backed, either 7/16" or 9/16" thick (I forget), and very heavy. It feels super solid underfoot.

The plank we chose has a wood grain pattern and has beveled planks edges. It seems durable and is easy to clean. We've been happy with it.

Scott

View attachment 204084
Nice looking home. Wolf stove is a nice touch. Have a brother who is engineer for Wolf/Subzero. Quality stuff.

Back