Lumberton NC. Burger King

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Get the award for the worst fast food ever. Friendly nice people but the food was horrific.

Double cheese burger mustard only with bogus cheese and pickles that were huge with a nice stale bun. The package as a whole was disgusting...lol

Simple unsweet tea.
Tasted like a half brew of coffee and tea with a nice nasty all day aftertaste. I got my moneys worth with the tea. Still taste it a day later.

Didn't they recently sell or or merge with a Canadian company?
The wife and I are not big fast-food customers, but the last time she went there to get a bite to eat, she said a medium drink was $2.49.
Time for me to stay away.
At least Mickey-D's still has their large drink for a dollar.

A lot of fast food restaurants are struggling to get staff, you generally run into either highly stressed existing staff or newly hired, untrained and/or indifferent staff, defiantly effects quality of food. A local Pizza Hut, now running on very reduced hours is being run by just the two managers, unable to even get prospective employees to show up for an interview.

A lot of fast food restaurants are struggling to get staff, you generally run into either highly stressed existing staff or newly hired, untrained and/or indifferent staff, defiantly effects quality of food. A local Pizza Hut, now running on very reduced hours is being run by just the two managers, unable to even get prospective employees to show up for an interview.
Exactly. I blew down to Florida yesterday. A 900 mile straight deal as usual. Don't do much fast food these days but in Florida the wait times are horrible. It has been that way even last year.
Last night two people working a large Mcdonald's off of I95.

Now I got into the rental I just do instacart and get delivery of groceries. They deliver in 30 minutes.

Crazy.

Didn't they recently sell or or merge with a Canadian company?
The wife and I are not big fast-food customers, but the last time she went there to get a bite to eat, she said a medium drink was $2.49.
Time for me to stay away.
At least Mickey-D's still has their large drink for a dollar.
Seems about right and you may wait 40 minutes to get it.

Yep, we have a brand new BK built - but can’t even open …

Yo, Zee09, please don't think I was being personally abusive to you.
Kind of like gambling, I just hate the added waste.
Also, I not only know the words, "You can't live people's lives for them", I believe them.
But still, we need to accept concepts like not wasting water or not generating waste wrappers in the first place.
REDUCE, reuse, recycle.

Get the award for the worst fast food ever. Friendly nice people but the food was horrific.

Double cheese burger mustard only with bogus cheese and pickles that were huge with a nice stale bun. The package as a whole was disgusting...lol

Simple unsweet tea.
Tasted like a half brew of coffee and tea with a nice nasty all day aftertaste. I got my moneys worth with the tea. Still taste it a day later.
Why in the hell would you go to BK when Cookout is right there? And it's one of the best.

You were a stone's throw from my hangar. PM me next time you come through and I'll show you around.

Why in the hell would you go to BK when Cookout is right there? And it's one of the best.

You were a stone's throw from my hangar. PM me next time you come through and I'll show you around.
You the man. I was just blasting through as that one day trip I can't waste time as my old
..lol
I'm in Palm Coast now laid up in a nice dump but that tea is still with me... Thanks...

Yo, Zee09, please don't think I was being personally abusive to you.
Kind of like gambling, I just hate the added waste.
Also, I not only know the words, "You can't live people's lives for them", I believe them.
But still, we need to accept concepts like not wasting water or not generating waste wrappers in the first place.
REDUCE, reuse, recycle.
No you weren't but i have to avoid the places in my mind that torture me. lol
I used a hybrid and like you waste bothers me and I try to avoid it.
That said just by being alive we are very wasteful and destructive.
Witch brings up a point...
Fast food is bad and mostly bad for you but the single serving works for some people instead of cooking big and tossing it out. See what you caused..lol
You did not abuse me...lol
I do that to myself.

Depending on where I am I go to one of these and a couple of other hole in the wall places for breakfast or lunch, they have simple yet amazing real food, great atmosphere and nice people.
I always loved a good diner but unfortunately there are fewer and fewer, there is always some good banter and camaraderie among the regulars.

Depending on where I am I go to one of these and a couple of other hole in the wall places for breakfast or lunch, they have simple yet amazing real food, great atmosphere and nice people.
I always loved a good diner but unfortunately there are fewer and fewer, there is always some good banter and camaraderie among the regulars.

Drool worthy and the prices look like they're from the '90s.

Back