Lucas full synthetic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may or may not mean anything, but I was just looking at the Lucas spec. and MSDS sheets. The spec. sheets are virtually useless as they don't give anywhere near enough information, but the MSDS sheets show fairly low grp 3 content. Less than 50% for the 5w-30 and less than 25% for the 0w-30. They advertise the oil as being full synthetic which means the remaining content must be grp 4/5 minus the additives.

I could be way off base but this could be something worth looking into for those who like to have a higher grp 4/5 content oil.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

We can then delve into whether a UOA is telling you ANYTHING at all other than contaminant levels and oil life though.....

As per Doug Hillary's article.

UOA can tell you more about an oil several order of magnitude better than hearsay and assumptions.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

We can then delve into whether a UOA is telling you ANYTHING at all other than contaminant levels and oil life though.....

As per Doug Hillary's article.

UOA can tell you more about an oil several order of magnitude better than hearsay and assumptions.

Drawing conclusions based on information derived from a test not designed to provide information useful to drawing those conclusions can tell you all kinds of things.

Whether those things are FACTUAL or not.... Well that's a topic that has already been discussed in great detail on here.

Originally Posted By: Canawler
This may or may not mean anything, but I was just looking at the Lucas spec. and MSDS sheets. The spec. sheets are virtually useless as they don't give anywhere near enough information, but the MSDS sheets show fairly low grp 3 content. Less than 50% for the 5w-30 and less than 25% for the 0w-30. They advertise the oil as being full synthetic which means the remaining content must be grp 4/5 minus the additives.

I could be way off base but this could be something worth looking into for those who like to have a higher grp 4/5 content oil.

Trying to determine the highly scientific formula of base oils by the MSDS sheet is futal at best. Oil producers keep that to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back