Lucas 20w50 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JPowell490
LC,

Is that the synthetic motorcycle oil? I saw that posted somewhere and it was the old Dino Lucas, not syn.

Do you know?

Here is some advice when seeking comments on motorcycle oil. Most UOAs in these forums are from oil in shared sumps. That means the transmission and engine share the same oil. In your Harley you do not share the oil with the transmission so you do not have to be as concerned about the oil "shearing" down to a lower grade/

As far as Lucus, if you read the study of motorcycle oils just about every oil in the test, including regular dino oil beats Lucus when it comes to the 4 ball wear test. I would go back to Amsoil if I where you because you are better off using any oil over the Lucus.

Me personally I use dino oil and change between 2000 and 3000 miles. Right now using Harley 20/50 360 in the engine and Formula Plus in the transmission and primary.

I am formulating a plan, since my bike is a new 14 too.
Im thinking of going with Valvoline VR1 20/50 or Valvoline 4 stroke motorcycle oil in the engine, Valvoline VR1 SAE50 in the transmission and Harley Formula + in the Primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back