Lubrizol Owned Chemtool factory on fire

That looks like a complete loss of the structure .. Wonder if motor oil is going to increase in price now ! good excuse to raise prices by oh about 100%
Read more of the article looks like they produce grease only.

That looks like a complete loss of the structure .. Wonder if motor oil is going to increase in price now ! good excuse to raise prices by oh about 100%
Read more of the article looks like they produce grease only.
They produce other fluids as well. I don't think they formulate or blend engine oils:

Lubrizol/Chemtool is one of my sister companies under the large corporate monolith that writes my paycheck.

my coworker was wondering why a load was on hold for so long

then we figured out it was going to that factory

crap there is enough shortages now for base oil, addtives and even drums and kegs this will put a big dent in product avalibility. Can you say inflation with base oils up this week alone 70 cents gal, bright stock up over $1.50 last month.

Thats like 30% or more not counting contianer shortage.

Im currently visitin family in IL, and the fire has been constantly on the news. Fire crews aren't putting out the fire, rather they are just letting it burn to protect the river from toxic runoff. Bad news all around.

Big ooof, heard they may be getting rung through the ringer by the EPA for air pollution. Seems silly to fine them before the cause of the fire is known, I can't see how they're liable if it was a malicious act or circumstance beyond their control.

Not oil related, but a ways south in Morris IL is a fire from about 100 tons of lithium batteries which were being stored in an old paper mill by a company, the county and town had no idea until SHTF and so they're letting it burn out like the Chemtool fire. Has about 3500 residents displaced.

When I heard news say a billowing black chemical fire in Morris I immediately thought something happened over at Southwest Oil! They handle our waste oil at the shop, thankfully they're clear on the other side of town.

The US usage of grease is 450 million lbs. Research estimates that his plant produced anywhere from 100 to 225 million or 22.5 to as much as 50% of the countries grease manufacturing is gone. poof...yes there will be a huge vacuum to be filled

Lubrizol/Chemtool is one of my sister companies under the large corporate monolith that writes my paycheck.
Berkshire Hathaway. Good ol’ Warren Buffett has his tentacles in paint(Benjamin Moore), batteries(Duracell), and a few other things. But Geico is the best-known of his ventures.

that Chemtool plant also supplied GKN US with the grease packets for the CV boot kits Toyota and Honda sell as service parts for American-made models. I wonder if they’ll tap into the Japanese supply for grease.

Back