Lubegard power steering protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power steering is starting to bind up and make some bad noises in my Dad's Olds 88, so I tried Lubegard as a last resort to changing the pump/rack. The stuff rocks! It's 75% better. I recently used Lubrgard gear fluid additive in the transaxle on my Corolla and it helped shifting noticeably and quieted the input bearing noise. I'n not much into additives, but Lubegard is the real deal. Not snake oil at all.

Last edited:
Does it do any good with minor slow leaks at the hose crimp area? Or does Lucas PS stop leak really work?

Lubeguard trans stuff rocks.

I used lucas power steering products in my car, two days later it developed binding, then started leaking and eventually i had to replace my power steering pump. I never had any power steering problems until i poured the lucas stuff in.

Originally Posted By: user52165
Does it do any good with minor slow leaks at the hose crimp area? Or does Lucas PS stop leak really work?

Lubeguard trans stuff rocks.

I'll let you know in the coming weeks because the high pressure line is starting to leak at the rack. Lubegard is organic ester based so it should help seals become more pliable. The hose crimps though are just a lame design. I've replaced dozens of them on oil cooler lines, tranny lines etc.

The PS pump was getting noisy in our Pontiac Montana so I did a fluid extractor exchange with valvoline PSF twice with about a week of driving in between, and then added a bottle of Lubegard PSF protectant, and it has sounded and felt great ever since! Can't say enough about Lubegard products... their red bottle tranny fluid protectant saved the tranny in this van too. Not sure if it would help with the leak though.

BUY NEW HOSES. The cost of a replacement pump & hoses after a blown hose is much more than replacing the hoses now.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I wonder if this product is any good in a Honda system/power steering pump?

It is; in fact, they claim it converts power steering fluid into Honda Power Steering Fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back