Lube Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the product Lube Control changed the mix under new ownership?

I know they are a site sponsor but do they monitor posts and answer questions or just use BITOG to sell product to new members?

Lube Control doesn't pay much attention here. I recall the owner Jeff said that us car guys are only 5% of his total sales. 95% of his sales come from truck fleets and bus fleets.

The good part about that is this tells me the products are proven in commercial heavy duty environments. The downside is that we don't get much attention here. HOWEVER, Jeff will gladly talk to you on the phone, he is a friendly guy that spent a good 20 minutes on the phone with me and I only bought a couple gallons of products from him (compared with the THOUSANDS of gallons his fleet customers buy from him).

Last edited:
Louie....formula has not changed. Color may vary based on base oil as the base oil color can vary every time we order a batch.

We check on here as much as possible, but there is only a couple of us here juggling many roles.

Biomed....we always have time to talk with BITOGERS!!!

Jeff

I have seen an interesting experiment with Lube Control. It's for a stationary engine that works hard for a living, a Toyota 4.7 V8 that drives some machinery. He built a catch can and hooked it in the pcv circuit. It works like an ordinary catch can with one change. In the bottom he has about 4 ounces of Lube Control. The gunk that is pickup up by the pcv circuit is dumped in the bottom of the catch can and the light stuff passes on by. The gunk mixes with the Lube Control and some of it gets lighter again and gets sucked back in the intake manifold. It has worked so well he has expanded the catch can so that the bottom is a glass jar that can be observed and easily be changed. With out the Lube Control there is a build up of gunk and with Lube Control the gunk that is left behind is greatly reduced. I have no idea what this means other than it appears like it must be doing something good.

Wait, so he hooked up an oil catch can to filter oil out of the pcv system but he added oil to the catch can so the pcv system would intentionally suck oil into the intake manifold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back