Lube Control for engine decarbonization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Addendum: I found no answers in the FAQ section of the FP/LC site did not find an answer. I looked before I posted but didn't mention that I looked...my bad.

LC have a "LC Flush Procedure" on their website. The procedure is sort of buried in a report there that was done by Mola. Read through it and you'll find it.

I'm not so sure that the 15 or 20 minute flush they outline really does all that much. I've experimented (cautiously) with higher concentrations and longer exposure times. I've never pulled valve covers for a before and after look so I can't tell how effective the procedure is.

I searched just the additive section for "molasoak" and had 63 hits. Make sure you adjust the date on the search engine. I did not use the term "molasoke".

Originally posted by MolaKule:

The "MOLASOKE" for pistons and rings involves removing the sparkplugs and pouring in about 2-3 oz. of LC into each cylinder and letting it soak for at least an hour.

Then take a 1/2" or 3/4" drive ratchet wrench with the proper socket and turn your crankshaft 1 revolution very slowly. Do NOT use the starter to turn crankshaft.

Let soak some more overnight and then shine a light into the cylinders to make sure the LC has run past the rings or you may have hydrolock. Replace plugs and start engine outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back