LS2 2005 Corvette MityVac 7201 won't work

Ok so I buy the MityVac 7201 in high hopes of making an oil change easier on my 2005 Corvette LS2. The smallest hose stops about 4 inches from the bottom of the pan and I cannot drain any oil out at all. I am kind of disappointed and wish I would have known that before I purchased it. The Corvette is so low it's a PITA to change oil however I have been doing it since the car was new. I just thought I would let other Corvette owners know it will not work.

Can you add an extension to the hose to make it work!
No the plastic tube hits something very solid in the oil pan and it will not go down any further. There must be a baffle or something in the pan. It's even kind of difficult to get the dipstick in the tube unless it's turned a certain way.

Ok so I buy the MityVac 7201 in high hopes of making an oil change easier on my 2005 Corvette LS2. The smallest hose stops about 4 inches from the bottom of the pan and I cannot drain any oil out at all. I am kind of disappointed and wish I would have known that before I purchased it. The Corvette is so low it's a PITA to change oil however I have been doing it since the car was new. I just thought I would let other Corvette owners know it will not work.
I am getting ready to buy a new 7201, definitely great for other things like changing power steering fluid and stuff.

Yes, I will probably keep it however I was expecting the maiden voyage to turn out to be a success. I am going to try it out again on Monday on my son's 2020 Jeep Cherokee and I am really hoping it will work out ok on his truck. My luck it will have a baffle in it too?

I could not get a tube in my Corvette either. Maybe they designed it that way, so you could not extract oil from the dipstick tube.

i bought one and used it once + will sell for $50 + shipping. i am just old school, change it HOT + let it drip at least half an hour! yea i am retired so lots of xtra time!!

I could not get a tube in my Corvette either. Maybe they designed it that way, so you could not extract oil from the dipstick tube.
It would have been nice that’s for sure. Oh well back to jacking it up, putting ramps and jack stands underneath it and fighting everything. But at least I get it done correctly.

Back