Lowest Temp For 10W Dino ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
weather, a carb beats FI, contrary to popular belief.

I've gotten my F-150 going in -40 unaided, though that isn't my preference at all, and did that with an old Duster back in the late 1980s, and it sat in the -40, without having been started for close to a month. I highly doubt I even had something as sensible as 5w-30 in there - it probably had a 10w-30 or whatever the PO put in; I certainly don't recall.

Heck, the accelerator pump's diminishing performance on the F-150 is one of the reasons I replaced the carb during the rebuild (not to mention the excessive fuel dumping, but that's another issue).

In north GA. temps can get down to the teens at night - but that is somewhat rare ...Usually we see high 20's F. at night and daytime highs in the low 50's F. I would just as soon stay with 10W30 dino HM if I could , maybe add a quart or two of 10W30 synthetic to make a syn blend 10W30 for the Winter months .

I wouldn't even worry about blending. Either switch to a 5w-30 or stick with the 10w-30. Personally, if I were looking for a thicker 30 grade or a more "robust" 30 grade, an ILSAC rated 10w-30 wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back