Lower control arm bushings leaking 2015 Pilot

Yeah. I checked, none that I would consider. Some in case of emergency like Delphi, ACDelco.
Thanks guys for checking for me. This sure a was a scary experience see this black oil on my garage floor,…I am hoping that is the only problem especially since I just had my car at the mechanic last week!

I have not looked, and do not have the part numbers, but I found that with my 2016 CR-V and my nephews 2013 Civic that often after you add in the cost of shipping, OEMPartSource has the lowest price for genuine OEM Honda parts and fluids. They do not supply part numbers so you have to know the part number before going onto there site if you want to get anywhere with them.

Often part numbers can be found by looking for a part on e-bay. Sometimes you can find part numbers on Bernardi auto parts. As a last resort I visit the local Honda dealer parts department for a part number. The one near me is extremely friendly and even will print out an entire page of the section of the vehicle complete with all the part numbers for free.

My 2013 Pilot had the same leaking bushings (referred to as "compliance" bushings by Honda). They were taken care of by the TSB.

And BTW - nice garage floor (y)

I have not looked, and do not have the part numbers, but I found that with my 2016 CR-V and my nephews 2013 Civic that often after you add in the cost of shipping, OEMPartSource has the lowest price for genuine OEM Honda parts and fluids. They do not supply part numbers so you have to know the part number before going onto there site if you want to get anywhere with them.

Often part numbers can be found by looking for a part on e-bay. Sometimes you can find part numbers on Bernardi auto parts. As a last resort I visit the local Honda dealer parts department for a part number. The one near me is extremely friendly and even will print out an entire page of the section of the vehicle complete with all the part numbers for free.
Thanks so much Jim. My mechanic usually gets parts from World Pac, but I don't know if they have OEM parts? So I am hoping he will get them from the local dealerships.

My 2013 Pilot had the same leaking bushings (referred to as "compliance" bushings by Honda). They were taken care of by the TSB.

And BTW - nice garage floor (y)
I am going to try with the online form to see if they will still cover it for me. One area of the TSB says 100,000 miles or 7 years after purchase. I am at the 7 year mark. I leased this car then bought it after the lease was up, that is how much I love it.

Oh and thanks for noticing my garage floor ;)!! LOL,...I was wondering IF anyone would have notice that I tiled it in commercial outdoor tile. I love it!:)

Can someone tell me the exact name of this part? When I called the dealership near me, the guy said to me, that part does not leak there is nothing to leak from it. So I explained to him "lower control arm bushing" he did not care what I named it,..."no oil leaks from there ma'am". That was the same thing my mechanic said. I am waiting for him to call me today, hopefully! I saw what the link Trav gave to me, I am going to print that out, and hopefully the dealership has it in stock.

UPDATE!!! Please help!
So my mechanic finally got to my car at 5pm today and stated yes it needs a new compliance bushing. BUT he said that he has to replace the WHOLE control arm, because the compliance bushing is attached to that. He can't just take the bushing off, because it is attached to the control arm and sometimes when you take it apart because it is aluminum it will break or bend. And the control arm being on there and rusted for 7 years is difficult to get off. So I have to replace the whole control arm and the bushing.
He said my car is safe to drive and asked if I wanted to take it to the dealership instead. He called a couple of dealerships and there is a shortage of the control arms and bushings, so he will put in an order tomorrow and then they will let him know the ETA. He said he called my dealership and they did not have them in stock. He knows they have to do an alignment afterwards and said he does not do them, but has a reputable shop that does them.

UPDATE!!! Please help!
So my mechanic finally got to my car at 5pm today and stated yes it needs a new compliance bushing. BUT he said that he has to replace the WHOLE control arm, because the compliance bushing is attached to that. He can't just take the bushing off, because it is attached to the control arm and sometimes when you take it apart because it is aluminum it will break or bend.
Not sure about your climate, but they come off just fine out here....

UPDATE!!! Please help!
So my mechanic finally got to my car at 5pm today and stated yes it needs a new compliance bushing. BUT he said that he has to replace the WHOLE control arm, because the compliance bushing is attached to that. He can't just take the bushing off, because it is attached to the control arm and sometimes when you take it apart because it is aluminum it will break or bend. And the control arm being on there and rusted for 7 years is difficult to get off. So I have to replace the whole control arm and the bushing.
He said my car is safe to drive and asked if I wanted to take it to the dealership instead. He called a couple of dealerships and there is a shortage of the control arms and bushings, so he will put in an order tomorrow and then they will let him know the ETA. He said he called my dealership and they did not have them in stock. He knows they have to do an alignment afterwards and said he does not do them, but has a reputable shop that does them.
It is held on the control arm with 1 stud and nut, the 2 bolts are holding it to the subframe/cradle. I don't like the smell of this, do yourself a favor and go to the dealer and let them look at it and give you a price. You may be shocked one way or another.

honda.jpg

Last edited:
It is held on the control arm with 1 stud and nut, the 2 bolts are holding it to the subframe/cradle. I don't like the smell of this, do yourself a favor and go to the dealer and let look at it and give you a price. You may be shocked one way or another.

View attachment 116888
He said to me..."you did not say you wanted just the bushings replaced, I can do that, it is less in price,.BUT when I remove that part I may break the control arm,,..because those are compressed in that area.that area of the control arm is rusted in there for the past 7 years and if that is the case, then we have to order that whole part and it is on back order. As it is when I order it, I won't have an ETA until I place the order. They will find the control arm with the bushing in any close dealership and deliver it to me. The 2 dealerships close to us do not have it, it is on nation wide backorder and is in short supply".
That is all I know as to what he said ....he is a pretty straight forward guy,...so I don't know what to do. He did give me the option of going to the dealership, but I can't get an appointment with them until Monday per their schedule. Also I need a loaner car for sure and sometimes that pushes it out a few more days. Granted the car is okay to drive right? But if the dealership that I go to doesn't have the part thenmy car is sitting there also. :(

1663111935687.jpg

Here is the actual arm piece he is talking about as being aluminum that can possibly break when he removes the bushing.

I am not defending my mechanic, and I surely do not know anything about this subject,...but by replacing this piece as mentioned above, isn't it possible to bend or break the aluminum piece that is attached to the wheel? I think this is what the mechanic was talking about. That there have been some instances where this has occurred, and now they have to find parts take more time, and parts are hard to come by. I don't know, I am taking in all of your advice as well.

I put the $30 Mevotechs into a 09. It's still "working" after 2 years. Ride quality isn't great though.
So I just saw these on another website,...I did not know about them,...so you are saying these are not a good choice and I should stick with the OEM Honda ones,..?????
.my gosh the OEM are expensive. My mechanic is going to order them tomorrow morning the OEM Honda ones for me

Last edited:
I am not defending my mechanic, and I surely do not know anything about this subject,...but by replacing this piece as mentioned above, isn't it possible to bend or break the aluminum piece that is attached to the wheel? I think this is what the mechanic was talking about. That there have been some instances where this has occurred, and now they have to find parts take more time, and parts are hard to come by. I don't know, I am taking in all of your advice as well.
Aluminum control arms are on the majority of vehicles today.
I am not arguing he is trying to scam you. There are two possibilities if you think he is honest:
1. He is afraid that he might damage control arm, you come back etc. etc.
2. Replacing the whole arm might be bit easier, though I don't see how in this case, considering the design.

I would go OE arms or bushings. The thing with aftermarket is that all options are mediocre, maybe average. Unfortunately, Lamfoerder or TRW don't have aftermarket options for many of these family haulers. While expensive, it is a critical safety part, and mediocre parts will mess up the drive. Rubber might not absorb impacts very well, and since I have the same vehicle in the garage, I know that steering is really not a strong point on Pilot. The quality of fluid in the bushing might also be bad. You might end up with a lower quality of ride and worse handling. With quality parts, stiffer bushings mean better steering and handling. With mediocre parts, anything is possible. Your braking might be worse, it might vibrate during braking etc.

Back