Lower control arm bushings leaking 2015 Pilot

rcs

Hi Guys, well I guess when it rains it pours. I went into my garage this morning and noticed under my car a small black oil leak on the garage floor.
I took a picture of the area and sent it to a friend and he said it was the lower control arm bushing leaking oil. I know there was a big issue in the 2010/2011 Pilots with under 60,000 miles having to have them replaced. Does anyone know if this is an issue in the 2015's? I drove to my mechanic and left the car there. He said initially there is no oil in those control arm bushings so it must be coming form somewhere else, and once he got it on the lift he would let me know. I probably won't find out until tomorrow, I had to leave my car there over night as he is very busy today.
Any thoughts about this? Sorry the picture is upside down....

Attachments

• 1663018076405.jpeg
    1663018076405.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 191
my cousin had a 2012 pilot that had that issue. took it to the dealer and they told him it was $1200 to replace them. did some digging and found out they were under recall. slimy service advisor did not say anything about it. brought it back to them, showed them the recall and they fixed it for free

its a pretty common issue

Thanks so much for that link! I am going to print that out. However, since my car is a 2015, I am not sure it will be covered since they mention up to the 2014 vehicles, but I certainly will try!

Yes, the original ones are filled with fluid for additional dampening. The aftermarket ones are not.

The bushings can be replaced without removing the control arm.

Yes, the original ones are filled with fluid for additional dampening. The aftermarket ones are not.

The bushings can be replaced without removing the control arm.
I told my mechanic I want OEM Honda ones...are the after market ones better because they are not filled with fluid? I hope he knows the bushings can be replaced without removing the control arms that way I may not have to have a wheel alignment?

No...

Get ready for sticker shock, they are $$$
Oh yes, thanks The Critic...I have been reviewing them on some of the Honda websites. Big bucks. I called my dealership and they do have them in stock. My mechanic said he hopes he could get the parts,...I will point him in the right direction. I am done with after market parts.

I told my mechanic I want OEM Honda ones...are the after market ones better because they are not filled with fluid? I hope he knows the bushings can be replaced without removing the control arms that way I may not have to have a wheel alignment?
No...

Get ready for sticker shock, they are $$$
I just saw the price. One would think they would at least be compliant on the road for that price, since they are more expensive than the whole control arm for 2011 BMW M3. An OE one.

They don't look too difficult but not cheap.

Trav, yes that is the website I saw it on! I know the dealerships are charging more but that is because of the wheel alignment needed, supposedly.

I mean, would you put RT43 tires on a Porsche to get more durability? Durability should not always be the first priority.
IMO, Honda Pilot does need a lot to calm down the front end. Poly would definitely help with that ridiculous understeer and "itchiness" on the road. But, it is a simple suspension, poly would transfer too much. I would personally go solid rubber if possible to find from good aftermarket manufacturers. If not, OE is best way.

IMO, Honda Pilot does need a lot to calm down the front end. Poly would definitely help with that ridiculous understeer and "itchiness" on the road. But, it is a simple suspension, poly would transfer too much. I would personally go solid rubber if possible to find from good aftermarket manufacturers. If not, OE is best way.
OEM is my preference, hopefully he can find them a t a local dealership.

Back