Low Cost on sale 6-01-2024, Ear Buds - Sony WF-C500 Truly Wireless in-Ear Headphones, Black $59

Ok, first, I bought these out of curiosity because of the compelling price and incredible reviews on line.
I did this as a fun thing to see what the rave was about considering the stupid low cost. My wife and I have two sets of Bose Quiet Comfort Earbuds that are amazing and wonderful.
We also have a set of Apple Pro Earbuds and Over the Ear Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones. Plus a few others I dont use, often such as Bose Sport earbuds and Jaybird Spirit.

For fun these earbuds got incredible reviews from most online review sites (some glowing reviews, some just ok reviews) when priced at $100 and here Walmart has them for $59 (not sure how long) Everyone else is at least $79 including Amazon. I have trouble with ear buds in one of my ears they always work loose/fall out. The Bose Quiet Comforts solved that problem out of over 1/2 dozen other brands I tried.

Anyway, to my surprise these Sony C500 feel good and secure in my ear. I think the sound quality at the price is fantastic as well as a really nice app for the phone to customize them. They look great as they fit right in the ear.

Are they as good as my Bose? No, Bose soundstage is what it should be for earbuds that list for $300 and also include noise cancelation. The Bose excel over the Apple Air Pods Pros too, but they are also strong performers.

But at less than $100, in this case can be bought for $59 I am quite sure no earbud comes close in quality. Really kind of neat and thought I would share for those who dont want to spend a fortune OR those who want a knock around, really good sounding earbud at an amazing price.
These are not noise cancelling and at this price would be insane to expect that. Actually for me personally it's perfect because there are many times I do not want to be isolated with noise cancelling. These are pretty good but have to worn you, even without active noise cancelling, the nice fit they provide blocks out a lot of noise.
Nothing to lose, order on line and return to Walmart if you dont like them but I think you as I do will like them. Being I did this for fun Im not sure I will keep them, most likely will. I have so many earbuds and in the low cost category this is the only ear bud I ever felt worth keeping and most likely will.
Here is the link-
Walmart Sony $59 earbuds

IMG_8206.JPG

You can do your own search using the words below in your favorite search engine. There must be at least half a dozen or more on this earbud.
Keep in mind $59 is impressive if you get them on sale. Really good sound, light on frills and features I guess yet the app is pretty awesome..
Sony c500 review

Last edited:
Funny enough, I was reading earbuds reviews for the past week and these were mentioned as a great under $100 buds and an alternative if you don't need all the pizazz of their more expensive wfc-1000(?)

Funny enough, I was reading earbuds reviews for the past week and these were mentioned as a great under $100 buds and an alternative if you don't need all the pizazz of their more expensive wfc-1000(?)
Just now @ 5:15 AM woke up for a little water. Decided to put them in my ear and hopefully fall back to sleep shortly.
Been listening to a wide range of music 🎶 for limited times since getting them yesterday. Anything from Jimmy Hendrix to Taylor Swift and now Florian Christi (cross over classical) to chill and go to sleep.

I have been listening with the Sony equalizer set to flat and with another setting a +5 boost in what Sony calls “Clean Bass”
The “Clean Bass” feature is a neat little function and seems to work as described.

Anyway I have never been satisfied with earbuds in this price range and I’m really enjoying them to the point of telling myself, wow what a nice, lite and clean neat little package (including the phone app)Sony put together .. and $59 I feel it’s a great deal.

If I could change one thing would be the constant ringing in my ears that I have 24 hours a day ☹️ as it’s seems even at low volume the Sony’s have that same clean accurate sound. It’s just at low sound levels the ringing is the same volume as the music and these earbuds make me wish I could experience them in total silence void of the ringing.

Reactions: Pew
Have you tried talking on phone with them. I have $99 Sony noise canceling over ear CH720N for plane and love audio sound for price. The mic is terrible though!!!!!!

Have you tried talking on phone with them. I have $99 Sony noise canceling over ear CH720N for plane and love audio sound for price. The mic is terrible though!!!!!!

No I haven’t as I’m not one to use that feature though have used my Bose earbuds infrequently for that. You’ve got me curious. I’ll give it a try. I’m not expecting too much because these really fit close inside your ear. This was indoor, didn’t try outside maybe I will but not right now
Edit, just tried it out on a phone call. Wife said she understood everything I was saying but could tell I wasn’t using my phone, more distant but clear

Last edited:
No I haven’t as I’m not one to use that feature though have used my Bose earbuds infrequently for that. You’ve got me curious. I’ll give it a try. I’m not expecting too much because these really fit close inside your ear.
Edit, just tried it out on a phone call. Wife said she understood everything I was saying but could tell I wasn’t using my phone, more distant but clear
Thanks so similar , not as good as using AirPods unfortunately.

Thanks so similar , not as good as using AirPods unfortunately.
No, not for talking on the phone. If you think about it with an ear bud deep inside your ear and earlobe the mic will not pick up as good as something extending outside the ear and earlobe like the AirPods which have a large extension. Bose to some degree are close in talk quality to my wife's AirPods Pro.

However, at least according to my wife, the Sony's still deliver acceptable sound when I talk to her using them and for $59, I only did this was a test. I typically do not use ear buds to talk on the phone.

Back