Low Carb + intermittent fasting WORKS for me!!

NMN.
Resveratrol.
Nattokinase.
AMPK Activator.
Fish Oil.
CoQ-10.
PQQ.
Plant & Whey Protein.
Curcumin.
APC.
Low carb.
IF.
Exercise.
Sauna-Cold Shower.
Just started yesterday.
Will report back.
TY for these posts !

I've been intermittent fasting for a year now. Between that and riding my bike, I'm down 40lbs. Last meal is around 7 at night and nothing until 12:30 or 1 the next day. Well I do drink water. This and whole food plant base has worked great for me. I know it isn't for everyone. My last lab panel came back great.

sugar is the tip of the iceburg IMO as overeating ANYTHING can cause issues BUT worse are carbs like sugar as well as grains + whole grains quickly change to sugar in our body that causes insulin to secrete to "TRY" to lower it. its actually the constant elevated insulin noted by the pros that damage our whole body!! its great to hear some of us are getting their diet fixed + in reality healthy eating MUST be a lifestyle not a short term "diet" IMO you cant trust many sources that are profiting by our poor health + eating habits BUT with some searching you can find the best truthful way to eat for health + only YOU can do it!!! when i was a kid at about 12 YO i weighed 172 lb prollly 5 ft + ate a LOT of everything including way TOO much SWEET DEATH + at 73 am glad i got turned around starting with poor military food + wanting to look better for the girls!!! whatever motivates you + works is good, + as you age everything slows + getting healthier can be harder but it CAN be done, good luck to ALL!!

My diet includes eating healthy Carbs . 99% of the public would have no issues with eating healthy carbs and should be included in most diets but that is not what you see in the majority of American shopping carts what you see is absolute garbage that's the problem.

there are surely some decent carbs, but many not so much + researching on line you can sort out the crap! many report removing all grains that i was cutting back on but after reading about "wheat belly" book i got more strict, many good benefits to low carb + not having any cravings or constant hunger from blood sugar swings is GREAT + makes doing 2 meals without anything between easier. of course those still working + very active overall can tolerate more food in general but limiting many carbs that quickly turn to sugar is key for good health!!!

I am down about 22 lbs in 1.5 years of intermittent fasting, but sometimes it's hard when doing shift work. I try to do 16-8 or 18-6, depending on what shift I am working from one day to another. Breakfast is a must and lunch around 12-1pm. Then, water throughout the day. Being Asian, it's hard to give up rice and noodles, but since I am eating smaller portions than before, it's doable. Snacks are infrequent and I don't really watch sugar content. Eat whatever during the eating period. I don't miss buffet places anymore.

Not having rice and noodles is tough when you have been raised on them. I have heard that the pink rice is better carb wise and the jasmine rice is the worst.

good to hear your working on it + having results, the pros note that not snacking as well as consuming less carbs will control your hunger since less insulin will be needed to control blood sugar + its noted that people that have a lot to loose + have been like that a long time really need fasting to get on tract. IMO the main issue is many dont care until things get really bad then its even harder BUT not impossible to fix issues!!

I got great results doing 18-6 , will do a couple of 36h hour fast later this summer for autophagy hoping to rid of loose skin

Went from 243 to 208 in 5 months

CONGRATS!! keep up the good work + remember its a lifestyle change + NOT just another diet! my blood tests got better the first 6 months + even better in 6 more months as getting HEALTHY inside is the biggest benefit!!! i did 16-8 or a bit more + longer is better as its said to CLEAN you up inside removing fat around the liver + pancreas being VERY important! happy + HEALTHY holiday

Everyone says low carb but seriously how many grams you consider that you are eating low carb diet. Carbs matter but more importantly timing of the carbs that's the key.

research shows that low-lower carb intake has a big health effect because almost all carbs quickly change to SUGAR that requires your pancreas to secrete insulin which is the real issue. protein will need less insulin + fats almost NO insulin!! weight loss is just a GOOD side effect while you get healthier. its noted that almost ALL diseases can be linked to chronically high insulin levels that typical drs rarely check. depending on your goal the food you eat + how much + most important how often you eat or drink ANYTHING that raises blood sugar + insulin spikes is the issue. its noted fasting is best along with healthy lo carb eating + many pros note that flours + grains of any kind are very bad as "modern wheat" is NOT like wheat years ago. Wheat Belly is a book about the issues of wheat consumption, + although i never read it small articles note the benefits of removing all grains by DR Davis a Cardiologist, he offers some health info on his web as well

Just a visual on how I prepare my 2 meals, and then I'll repeat the menu. Tomorrow's early meal being chopped and bagged as today's meal is prepared. The cutting board is a small rectangular glass cutting board.

20210630_165644.jpg

1. Asparagus
2. Green beans or snow peas or the like
3. Green top onions
4. Mushrooms
5. Spinach, key here is chopped spinach though whole leave is doable
6. Blueberries
7. Pear
8. Peanuts
9. Walnuts
10. Meat, pre-cooked fajita type Chicken at super and 2 Beef sticks for Breakfast/lunch
11. Popcorn

a quick search shows controversial views, BUT removing all grains has many benefits, i would think some healthy veg like broccoli would be a benefit, dont have to be a saint for low carb to work as long as fasting is included + of course you dont over eat, easy with mostly good fatty meats + cheeses that dont raise blood sugar much + make you hungry, a sign that your consuming the wrong stuff!!

With Carbs I am a firm believer it's all about timing from the Tour de France
FB_IMG_1625847492856.jpg

there are are always variations depending on various factors + elite athletes are surely the exception!! many pro sports players have food coaches + cooks but average people cant afford that BUT eating the the best food within our budget + controlling insulin should lead to a longer healthy life!! reading more on Dr Davis + he notes how important our gut health-microbiome is + admits how little modern medicine knows about it + unless theres $$$$ to be made mainstream medicine could care less

Back