Louvers not open 2 Wix 57002 Oil Filters

^^^ Try taking photos not so close so the camera can focus. However, looks like decent amount of light.

Here are examples of bad vs good louvers on the same brand/model of oil filter. No way I'd use the 0.005" slit louvers.

Bad Louvers.JPG

Good Louvers.JPG

More added better camera
Thanks for the c&p with added pics with even better light down tube, filters are obviously fine as noted previously. And kudos to you for follow up and being above board. May not be popular with louverphobia types, but who cares. And in honor to tyman's all clear, something similar....

Last edited:
"Louverphobia" is real for a reason ... always check them out before buying or slapping the filter on your engine.

Old subject here … I ruined some good filters and cut some old filters. You can’t judge them well from the view afforded when fully assembled … think about window blinds flipped one way or the other … or standing on a ladder looking down on window blinds

View attachment 54075View attachment 54076

Ya know 4wd... You have rare moments of genius... Kind of like that old squirrel that can't smell or see that finds an acorn.

:LOL:

An excellent reason to buy at NAPA. Plus, you will be able to inspect them before buying.

You got that right MParr ^^^^^^^^^^^^

And... The Napa in Windsor near me has Cam2 Superpromax 5w30 for $1.99 a qt 12 bottle case.

And full synthetic Cam2 Dexos gen 2 is $3.49 a qt per case 6 qts in a box case.... Not too shabby for a regular every day deal.

Attachments

• IMG_20210414_182531996.jpg
    IMG_20210414_182531996.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 9
Ya know 4wd... You have rare moments of genius... Kind of like that old squirrel that can't smell or see that finds an acorn.

:LOL:
I do have those moments … always very short - plus few and far between 😷

Nah 4wd.... Not true...

I seriously believe you have them rather regularly.

I was just messing with ya. :)

^^^ Try taking photos not so close so the camera can focus. However, looks like decent amount of light.

Here are examples of bad vs good louvers on the same brand/model of oil filter. No way I'd use the 0.005" slit louvers.

View attachment 54141

View attachment 54142
Wow! I must have been sleeping when that photo was posted. That looks like 2-3 thousandths slits. I'am an old "box opener". I would choose another also if i saw that.

Just saying that if you calculated the total aperture area it would likely be adequate (at 0.0050").
I have not done this calculation. The spiral channel on the louvers design help presents media area for flow also.

Back