:( Lost Indoor Cat

Hi,

Our Shy indoor cat was on screen porch when a neighbor behind us set off an expensive fireworks show July 4th and apparently got out through screen hole(enlarged).

We are devastated. Anyone have luck with a cat returning after 4 days missing? He could simply be hiding but of course night searching with daughter ran across a fox.

Very sorry to hear that. Just reading this stressed me out. Four days is a good bit but it's not unreasonable he may turn up and soon. Do the usual thing, posters, check the local shelters, etc. Best of luck!!

This is a very sad scenario I've worried about with our indoor cat. We have a neighbor right now that has been looking for a lost cat for nearly two weeks. The big problem is that once they are lost they get scared and hide and become very difficult to find.

Our neighbor has been walking around with a bowl of food shaking it and they also have some of the cats toys on the front step. And they keep the garage door cracked with a cat bed near the front.

Hi,

Our Shy indoor cat was on screen porch when a neighbor behind us set off an expensive fireworks show July 4th and apparently got out through screen hole(enlarged).

We are devastated. Anyone have luck with a cat returning after 4 days missing? He could simply be hiding but of course night searching with daughter ran across a fox.

Ours was missing for 2 weeks recently. He lost a lot of his hair, it got quite thin as did his body. I think he got locked in some shed by accident though. Besides that he regularly stays away for a couple days. In fact he hasn't shown himself today again...

When I lived in Tampa, FL. I owned a black cat, Blackie. He was strictly an indoor cat. He really enjoyed going out on my screened in sun porch.
One day the screen door was ajar and he slipped out. We looked for him for 6 days. Finally, on the 7th day, we heard a God awful cat screech/meow by the sun porch. IT WAS BLACKIE! He looked as if he had been in a few brawls. From that day on he would NEVER go on the screen porch again!
I sure hope your cat will come home. Don't give up the search! He/she might be right there in some bushes, under a car, etc.

Attachments

• BLACKIE.jpg
    BLACKIE.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 20
Had a cat get out recently. Only had him a couple of months and assumed that he had joined the community cats in the immediate area, since when I found him he was a community cat.. He came back around 1.5 days later..

A couple of weeks later I went out to a truck we rarely use. I popped open the hood, because leaving a vehicle unused on the edge of the woods that long I just pop the hood to make sure that something isn't living there before using it... There was cat hair all over one side of the engine bay. Cat in question is a Maine Coon with orange hair, and he sheds a lot, so it was very noticeable.

You need to go outside and walk around a lot. You will leave your scent all over the place and if the cat smells it they will come out of their hiding and go looking for you. Unless it's a windy day, I recommend 2 walks around 20-30 minutes apart. When I used to feed ferals/strays that's how I got them to come to me. it was on the second walk they would be looking for me. Also ask around. You never know.

Check the animal shelters/pounds and put his litter box outside so he can smell it. I lost an indoor cat after a hurricane. We were in a temporary rental while our home was being repaired and he escaped from the rental house. My son was walking through the neighborhood a couple of weeks later when he saw him and brought him home. He was skinny and hungry but otherwise OK. Hopefully yours has avoided the foxes and coyotes and returns soon.

I had one outdoor mostly Maine Coon neutered Tom cat return after 3 months. He was in perfect condition, but his paws were hard like he had been walking and looking. I think he got in someone's car. He knew how to hunt and fight.

He was VERY happy to be home, and had a lot to say. If only I could understand cat, would have be an interesting story.

My cat is also an oudoor cat, he's 15 now, when he was maybe one or two he disappeared for three weeks. Came home and he was very skinny, but he has lived a full life since.

I hope your cat comes back.

My cat vanished the afternoon relatives with a total of 3 dogs came to visit. I didn't put it together right away.

I went into a shed and guess who was on a shelf looking at me? 'Twas Annie. She had caught and eaten mice...she lined up 4 of them.

I assume she was eating their inwards in a preferred order.

She wouldn't meow as that would've given away her position (I guess).

I brought her in and she poked around to make sure those...things had left.

Hope your kitty returns. Foxes and owls can prey on an old feline.

Hi,

My mom has had cats get lost before and then show up weeks or months later. Even after we were convinced they were gone forever.

Don’t give up hope.

I feel lucky, both my indoor kitties have no desire to go out side. When I want my cats to come all I have to do is shake the kitty tread bag.

Keep thinking positive and don't give up.

Back