Looks like Walmart is carrying a different Fram CAF line.

No more Fresh Breeze. It’s now TrueAir with “N95 efficiency”. Most parts are assembled in the US, some are made in China like the Subaru filters.

A09ADDBC-DE61-45FC-BD5D-48FE24E3BBF4.jpeg

Wow, "N95 efficiency", that will make me want to run out and buy one. /s

I believe I looked at one briefly a few days ago but didn't notice the efficiency tout. Media looked blue-ish in color. Thinking more, it had an extra closed pleat seal at CAF ends where it fits in the frame. Never seen that before in a CAF.

Related, I wanted to look at the Super Tech AFs and CAFs as I had never seen them in person. Unfortunately WM has them in sealed boxes, so only pulling back a serrated pull strip will open box. I wouldn't buy without looking at filter, but I also wouldn't pull zip strip just to look. That said, I get the reason for WM feeling the need to use the seal strip.

As for topic Fram, efficiency tout seems/reads like a gimmick 'imo'. Personally, I've always just used the least expensive CAFs most similar to the standard oem I can find. Last purchase, several standard Carquest CAFs from AAP using 25% off online code. For what they are, I've long thought they are over priced. My.02

Last edited:
Big time, they are cashing in on the current situation nothing more. This caters to the lets just say folks with a couple of fries short of a happy meal who drive around by themselves in their own car wearing a mask or two.
This crap is going to get worse, once you scare someone half to death its hard to roll that back and stuff like this is the result. Now it has turned into a money maker, they wont stop terrorizing people for another 10 years.

Last edited:
I
Big time, they are cashing in on the current situation nothing more. This caters to the lets just say folks with a couple of fries short of a happy meal who drive around by themselves in their own car wearing a mask or two.
This crap is going to get worse, once you scare someone half to death its hard to roll that back and stuff like this is the result. Now it has turned into a money maker, they wont stop terrorizing people for another 10 years.
I guess that means that I can ride around in my car now, without wearing a mask. 😷😎😂

If most of them are made in the US, that's definitely an upgrade, since all the Fresh Breezes are made in China :)

If the TrueAir is like the Bosch HEPA filter, it will be very restrictive.

As I was typing my previous post here, I was reminded of another Fram marketing move to cash in on a trend, instead with oil filters. At the same time Teflon/PTFE was being marketed as an engine additive in Slick 50, Fram came out with an oil filter, the Double Guard. The media of the DG was infused/soaked with PTFE/Teflon. The specific efficiency spec on TA box seems to be a similar type marketing move. I guess the TA is PT Barnum approved though.

Thanks for posting this. I use Fram filters for everything EXCEPT for CAF’s because the FreshBreeze CAF always resulted in less airflow. I’ll look into these when the time comes. Very interested

The N95 efficiency claim is interesting, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if N95 efficiency becomes OEM standard, truthfully.

And a few pics - Fram TrueAir vs. Puro One. Both are a fairly common Toyota application.

Attachments

• 6BD3D7D6-BC53-43EF-B845-E62D20D553CD.jpeg
    6BD3D7D6-BC53-43EF-B845-E62D20D553CD.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 148
  • 7DE72387-EE32-47E1-BCF3-82E947D2CAAD.jpeg
    7DE72387-EE32-47E1-BCF3-82E947D2CAAD.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 4BF994D0-AB83-4919-B57A-8B7E9E10E8D5.jpeg
    4BF994D0-AB83-4919-B57A-8B7E9E10E8D5.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 150
As I was typing my previous post here, I was reminded of another Fram marketing move to cash in on a trend, instead with oil filters. At the same time Teflon/PTFE was being marketed as an engine additive in Slick 50, Fram came out with an oil filter, the Double Guard. The media of the DG was infused/soaked with PTFE/Teflon. The specific efficiency spec on TA box seems to be a similar type marketing move. I guess the TA is PT Barnum approved though.
It wasn’t soaked media, but there was a “pill” in the center tube that was made from Teflon and other chemicals in a gel. The idea was that filtered oil would wash over the gel and slowly dissolve.

Coolant filters on trucks use a similar principle but they are packed with SCA pellets in the center tube.

The N95 efficiency claim is interesting, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if N95 efficiency becomes OEM standard, truthfully.
Tesla was first to offer HEPA with “bio-secure” filtration as an option outside of buying an armored car or a Mercedes S-Guard/BMW 7er Protection.

Toyota was offering Sharp’s Plasmacluster ionizer as an option on the Camry a while ago and UV-C sanitizers standard on the ultra-luxury trim of the Lexus LS. The UV-C bulb was in the rear AC unit.

it seems like N95 level filtration is cheaper compromise than adding in ionizers or UV-C in the HVAC blower unit. And it does give customers some peace of mind.

Just overpaid ($20) for one of these Fram filters for my Buick. Never again. The media seemed Okay, however... plastic parts are clipped-on and fall off during initialization.
They also have the air flow pointing the wrong direction. Waaaaayyy overpriced. Next time it's Rock Auto for something less expensive and better made.

Back