Looking for fuel system maintenance guidance

2023 Acadia 2.0T. Bought it in February and don’t drive much as I work from home 90 percent of the time. Likely going to put 6-8k a year on it. I’m sticking to 5k/6 month OCI. Likely will be time rather than mileage based.

I’m also thinking about fuel system maintenance. I’ve used regane hm in the past and it seems like it’s still highly regarded here. Thinking 1-2 times a year. Is this a solid plan? Any other suggestions??

Thanks!

The Regane stuff and Chevron w/ Techron should work also. Twice a year sound good to me.

Not sure what Octane your car calls for but when I buy cheap gas my turbo gets a little sluggish. I later on add some Gumout Octane booster and car LOVES it.

Whenever I would go TDY for longer than a week I would dump a dose of stabil marine into my gas tank right before heading to the airport. That way just in case my TDY lasts a month or so I will know that the only thing to fix is a jump start from a parking attendant. The last thing you want is to look for a gastation in Albuquerque at 1 am.

All my older vehicles in signature, I will use Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner or Regane HM Fuel System Cleaner every 3000 miles. Has worked just fine from multiple years. Hopefully the pattern continues on a positive note.

******** 91+ from your people. Like 91+? How are you getting on with at least 100 octane? You are federally required to produce 93 octane per operator manuals. What deception are you liable for if you don’t currently meet your own requirements. You owe me violent requirements. At least 2/3 potential normal expected mileage.

Back