Looking at two cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Just to replace the daily driver. If I do it the daily driver goes to a buddy for free. Daily Driver is the Buick.

Maroon 04 GTP

Black 04 GTP

Based of the info they provide, I am interested in the maroon one.

I like it because it appears to be bone stock and one person owned.

Both places have come down to about 8400 dollars.

Which would you pick and why?

Edit: I don't want another option or don't buy a GM. I happen to like the S/C 3800 and know all about them.

The maroon one! Looks like it was better cared for, and trust me..you dont want black paint! I paid more for my 2006 Accord (I4) WITH near 100K miles, this looks like a deal.

Id go for the black one, but thats just me. The girlfriend had a 2004 GP and it was a great car. No major problems, just regular maintenance items. They are great cruising cars for the highway.

Black paint is impossible to keep clean. It always looks dirty or dusty, and every tiny scratch is easily seen. I will never own another black car.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
That last one is the nicest IMHO.

I really like that last one it is 10 mins from the house. Bought, traded in, bought again and traded at the same dealership. Plus looking at CARFAX which is hit and miss, it appears all the services were done at the same dealer.

The Buick which is flawless because I am anal will go to a good friend for nothing. He has a kid that is 16. The kids will get his old car and dad will drive the Buick. Both places offered me 1800 and 2000 for trade. I would rather have someone I know have it, just makes me feel, I don't know happy because he knows the car and enjoys it.

I like the black one. Lower miles and it looks like someone did the F Body double piston caliper upgrade to it, which is worthwhile.
I like the wheels better. The other wheels remind me of a Grand Am Wheel, not as nice as the old twisted starfish found on older GTP's.

Both are nice looking,low mileage cars with almost identical equipment. Basically comes down to color preference. Black has a Nav and a clean looking engine bay. Tough choice.

Not an orange fan for cars, but that's just me.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I like the black one. Lower miles and it looks like someone did the F Body double piston caliper upgrade to it, which is worthwhile.

I do believe you are correct but that kind of scares me. What else did they do and is it done right?

If someone went to the trouble of doing it and painted the calipers i would look carefully under the car.
Look for SS braided lines, if he used them it might just be a well done job that drastically improves braking.
Look for bigger front and rear sway bars, i don't see a strut tower brace so its possibly just a brake and wheel job but you never know.

I have 2 GTP's and spend plenty on them to do them right.
I will never get the money back if i sell them so someone will get a superior to stock car for about the same money.

Look underneath that black one carefully before buying any of them, there may be plenty of goodies under it the seller doesn't even know about. Look at the shocks it may have AGX or Bilsteins.
Many GTP owners are known for spending good money on these cars.

The black one has me more than curious as to whats been done.

The orange is better than the black. IMO all Pontiac styling says "look at me" so that orange color fits it better. (I've always wanted a WS6 in that color)

Pontiac maroon is AWFUL! Its for 4cyl. Grand Am's with wheel covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back