Looking at Laptops

I ended up getting a refurbished Dell 5590 Ultrabook.
Local retiree acquires them off of warranty, from local biz. Wipes them, and takes care of whatever needs attention.
They are pretty solid laptops, more robust than what I was looking for initially

I've always had Dell's and they served me well until several years ago when I went to buy my daughter a laptop for school. The first Dell was defective. The second one she still has and is fine, but later I bought my other daughter a Lenovo because Dell was backordered during the school shutdowns and all I could find was the Lenovo at the local Staples. The Lenovo has practically the same specs but runs much better than the Dell. I'll be a Lenovo guy now until they let me down I guess.

I've always had Dell's and they served me well until several years ago when I went to buy my daughter a laptop for school. The first Dell was defective. The second one she still has and is fine, but later I bought my other daughter a Lenovo because Dell was backordered during the school shutdowns and all I could find was the Lenovo at the local Staples. The Lenovo has practically the same specs but runs much better than the Dell. I'll be a Lenovo guy now until they let me down I guess.
We use Dells and Macbooks here at work (University). I prefer Lenovo keyboards, as they feel more comfortable, but Dell is pretty good about being somewhat easy to repair. Personally I've preferred Macs after Win 10 came out.

the "new" amd is firing on all cylinders. latest chips are capable in regards to battery life and heat, actually a threat to intel.
in some cases intel may be a few points faster, but at a cost of high wattages.
13gen desktop 125w intel can take up to 420w. :eek: similar thing is going on at laptops.

I ended up getting a refurbished Dell 5590 Ultrabook.
Local retiree acquires them off of warranty, from local biz. Wipes them, and takes care of whatever needs attention.
They are pretty solid laptops, more robust than what I was looking for initially

I had a Dell Precision previously, and I have an HP probook currently. I do prefer them to be built a bit more robust than base offerings. And I like the matt screens vs glossy on entry level.

Back