Looking at a 2013 Honda CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at a low mileage 2013 Honda CRV EX-L AWD. How is the reliability of this generation of CRVs? Are there any known issues to be aware of? Thanks in advance.

They are nice but I wouldn't get an AWD model because of the added complexity and additional fluids to change. Especially not needing it most likely in CA.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
They are nice but I wouldn't get an AWD model because of the added complexity and additional fluids to change. Especially not needing it most likely in CA.

We need the AWD when we go to the cabin in the winter months or when I travel to Nevada in the winter.

That model year has the traditional port-injected engine and 5-speed cogged transmission. Both have proven to be extremely reliable in the CR-V. The AWD system also works well. Fluids are a cinch to change -- the rear differential has spill and fill plugs as does the transmission. There is no separate PTO or transfer case fluid on the CR-V -- that's lubricated by the ATF. These are super simple to own and operate. CR-Vs are one of Honda's better products, and they sell a ton of them.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
That model year has the traditional port-injected engine and 5-speed cogged transmission. Both have proven to be extremely reliable in the CR-V. The AWD system also works well. Fluids are a cinch to change -- the rear differential has spill and fill plugs as does the transmission. There is no separate PTO or transfer case fluid on the CR-V -- that's lubricated by the ATF. These are super simple to own and operate. CR-Vs are one of Honda's better products, and they sell a ton of them.

Good to know. I had a Pilot at one time so I assume changing the fluids would be similar

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Are the current cr-v auto transmissions all cvt?

Current is cvt, '13 is normal auto

Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
Are the 2013 2.4L engines still having VTC issues?

Yes, but I think that Honda has FINALLY come up with a fix for the issue and has issued a TSB. I'd check with Honda to be sure though

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
That model year has the traditional port-injected engine and 5-speed cogged transmission.

This is exactly why we went with our '13 CR-V.

I didn't want a CVT or direct injection.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
This is exactly why we went with our '13 CR-V.
I didn't want a CVT or direct injection.

Yeah, we almost bought a 2014 CRV for the same reason, before we settled on the Forester.

The only issue I remember coming across when we researched it was the VTC rattle already mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back