Look what UPS brought today! More Ravenol!

I figured what the hey, I had some "funny money" in my Virgin Healthmiles account, and the DXG fill in my Fusion right now seems to be doing pretty well. So I ordered 2 more jugs from Blauparts. Amazon website listing still shows D1G1 which I was fine with (no GDI/TGDI for me!), but lo and behold, Blau is shipping D1G2 DXG now. So, we've got the PQIA VOA of D1G1, I'll have a UOA of D1G1 in a couple months, and now D1G2 to ponder testing as well. This will probably go in the Fusion again (unless it's sold before then), and maybe the Odyssey, but it has run really well on the PP Euro 0W40, so who knows?
smile.gif

ravenol.PNG

Fancy fancy oil....

And it is really stout. The PQIA test results showed a NOACK of 8 percent... Very impressive.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Fancy fancy oil....

And it is really stout. The PQIA test results showed a NOACK of 8 percent... Very impressive.

Amsoil also has a Noack of 8% and lower depending on which oil you use from their signature series line. Just FWIW.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Fancy fancy oil....

Amsoil also has a Noack of 8% and lower depending on which oil you use from their signature series line. Just FWIW.

And Redline has a noack of 6 and is real synthetic oil, FWIW

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I figured what the hey, I had some "funny money" in my Virgin Healthmiles account, and the DXG fill in my Fusion right now seems to be doing pretty well. So I ordered 2 more jugs from Blauparts. Amazon website listing still shows D1G1 which I was fine with (no GDI/TGDI for me!), but lo and behold, Blau is shipping D1G2 DXG now. So, we've got the PQIA VOA of D1G1, I'll have a UOA of D1G1 in a couple months, and now D1G2 to ponder testing as well. This will probably go in the Fusion again (unless it's sold before then), and maybe the Odyssey, but it has run really well on the PP Euro 0W40, so who knows?
smile.gif

I wish Ravenol was more widely available in the states, true quality oil not a fake boutique. No Gimmicks with that brand, lve that stuff!

Originally Posted by burla
smile.gif

I wish Ravenol was more widely available in the states, true quality oil not a fake boutique. No Gimmicks with that brand, lve that stuff!

Originally Posted by burla
Originally Posted by StevieC
Fancy fancy oil....

And Redline has a noack of 6 and is real synthetic oil, FWIW

Give it a rest you sound like you work for Redline running around all the threads pushing Redline and calling other synthetics fake.

Amsoil Signature Series is as much of a real synethic oil as anything else out there and they have Noack's as low as 4.1 on one of their oils. Now what burla?

noack.png

Last edited:
The main difference is that Ravenol has many manufacturer approvals in it's 100% symthetic line that Red Line and Amsoil do not.

I'm still waiting to see the 0W-20 DFE state-side. Ravenol America was supposed to place an order in July and they estimated it would be available Fall/Winter 2018 for sale here in the US. In my mind it looks like a very impressive 0W-20...much more impressive than the other 0W-20's they offer now. DXG also looks like a great oil too. Looking forward to the VOA/UOA.

Didn't knew Ravenol was so highly regarded in the US. Over here it's a bottom shelf oil and dirt cheap compared to other brands, under 30 bucks for a jug as the OP has...

What's so big about this Ravenol stuff? Is it a Group IV PAO base or something? Why all the fascination?

Some folks need to feel special so they use non mainstream stuff.
This looks like a good oil but not at the premium price unless you just like throwing money away.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
What's so big about this Ravenol stuff? Is it a Group IV PAO base or something? Why all the fascination?

Yes, it's 100% Group IV/V according to Ravenol documentation.

Dallas, stick it. Has nothing to do with "feeling special", you snowflake. Since you obviously didn't bother to read my post, it didn't cost me anything other than my daily walking. Move along.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger

Yes, it's 100% Group IV/V according to Ravenol documentation.

Dallas, stick it. Has nothing to do with "feeling special", you snowflake. Since you obviously didn't bother to read my post, it didn't cost me anything other than my daily walking. Move along.

Do they make anything in a 10W60 for motorcycles?

Back