Look what followed me home. Can I keep it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have fixed most of the wiring. Polished the tanks and grill. I drained 1 fuel tank and flushed it now I am going to transfer the fuel to the other tank and flush that one.

Currantly has "Coastal Fleet 15w-40" in it. I picked up 12 gallons of Rotella 15w-40 this weekend but am waiting on a UOA before I change it again. 1st sample showed a little bit of coolant.

I'm hoping someone used an Antifreeze jug to add oil.

Next project will be to adjust the valves and injectors if the sample comes back ok. If not I'll start on the brakes.

She's coming along then, good. I hope you don't have a coolant leak.

I saw a show on CMT, on the Country Music Station, about a show called Trick My Truck, where a bunch of guys really make nice custom transformations out of, old worn out trucks like Peterbilts, Kenworths, etc. I like the show because they create some purty rigs, for the working truckers who are having a tough time making ends meet. It's not too hoaky and the trucks are nice.
burnout.gif
burnout.gif

When I lived in Iowa - before the cops got up (4-6am) a lot of truckers would be going 80+ on the highway. I tried keeping up with one and it was going about 92mph.

Apple Valley??? I work there! Take the 15 to 18 east and go past the wal-mart 5 miles or so.
grin.gif

I will assume that either you steering wheel isnt centered or your guage is broke, cause I am willing to bet money that you are not turning at almost 80 mph. I think that is a sweet truck, and with a little TLC you will have it back to perfect.

quote:

Originally posted by 97f150:
I will assume that either you steering wheel isnt centered or your guage is broke, cause I am willing to bet money that you are not turning at almost 80 mph. I think that is a sweet truck, and with a little TLC you will have it back to perfect.

Actully the road does curve a little but with 22.1 steering a slight turn is a big change in the steering wheel.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 97f150:

If the wheels are 24.5 and 4:10 ratio, then that's probably about right.
1500 @ 60 mph
2100 @ probably 85 mph, if 2100 is governor.

The wheels are 22.5's. The rear ratio is 6.14 but both transmissions are overdrives.

I checked the speedo with my GPS and it's within 2mph of actual road speed. The driveshaft really spins with both boxes in overdrive.

quote:

Originally posted by Chris142:
The wheels are 22.5's. The rear ratio is 6.14 but both transmissions are overdrives.

I checked the speedo with my GPS and it's within 2mph of actual road speed. The driveshaft really spins with both boxes in overdrive.

oooh yeah, I forgot 5x3.
What is the shift pattern like?
I learned to drive dumptruck on gas jobby's with 5x4's.
2 Nash I drove were straight shot and the aux 1 gear was only used for reverse.
main - 1
aux - 2,3,4

main - 2
aux - 2,3,4
....etc

The GM I ran was...[follow the sequence plate riveted to the dash above the ashtray]
main - 1
aux - 3,4

main - 2
aux - 2,3

main - 3
aux - 2,3

main - 4
aux - 1,2

main - 5
aux - 1,2

Status
Not open for further replies.