Longer version of Fram XG2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a larger, longer one than the XG2?
The Fram catalog makes it hard to find filters with the same thread, by-pass, ex. I spent around 45 min.in the store looking at the catalog till my eyes hurt. This is on a F53 chassis and I have room for a 2 qt.filter so space is not a concern. I would like to use a XG filter for the better filtration it offers for the price.

ROD

Can you use a plate to adapt it or a remote kit to adapt to a bigger filter?

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
No. I could do some digging for a larger filter of that type (90% sure I found one before) but it will be a donaldson or wix number.

Yes, or Fleetguard (same as Donaldson usually) which are probably every bit as good as the XG ultra.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Can you use a plate to adapt it or a remote kit to adapt to a bigger filter?

Those do exist, but it's a lot of money to invest with little to no real practical return.

Agree, the remote kit would be one way to go about it, then you could use a head with 3/4-16 and use an XG8A. But unless you thought you needed an external oil cooler I wouldn't bother. The payoff is just not there. I would only use professionally crimped hydraulic hoses to go between the adapter on the block and the oil filter head. Anything else is just asking for a hose blow out and a locked up engine. Read too many stories of that happening. But thats not cheap.
To be honest, you don't really need more oil filtering.
If you want to protest your engine more, improve the air filtering.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
No. I could do some digging for a larger filter of that type (90% sure I found one before) but it will be a donaldson or wix number.

Donaldson was the first place I looked. The best I could find was the P550166 and it filters at 99% @ 45 and I think the Fram XG2 does better than that.

On a side note, Donaldson shows 99% @ 45 and some filters at 50% @ 20
I would like to know which one would filter better?

ROD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back