Long term use of Redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used this over a long period of time in their car and if so, any problems? I thinking about using either redline or amsoil in my trans am and was looking some opinions from people who have used it more than 1 or 2 oil changes.

I used Redline in my '94 Audi S4 starting at 3000 miles until I sold the car in 1999 with 56000 miles.
No problems whatsoever, but I never had an oil analysis done.
I've been using Redline in my '02 Subaru WRX since 3000 miles and I now just hit 30000 miles.
The only thing I dislike about it is the price!

I used Red Line 5W-30 in my Civic for about 65K, starting at 200K. I plan to return to it (10w30 this time) soon, around 275K. The only analysis I had done in this period showed good results, but not outstanding. Shortly after that, my head gasket went south, but I'm confident in saying it had nothing to do with the oil.

I do plan future analyses, so we'll see...

FWIW,
Andy

Terry and Molekule seem to hold Redline in very high regard.

Who is talking it down? What are their credentials?

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

GSV, in the used oil analysis section of this site there are a number of UOAs with Red Line which seem to show higher than expected wear metals. We can't decide if this is the esters in Red Line picking up metals already worn off and settled out somewhere in the motor or whether the formula isn't doing the job many of us expect.

But there are also some stellar examples as well. Search that sub section using "Red Line."
wink.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by buster:

quote:

Terry and Molekule seem to hold Redline in very high regard

Which is why I might run Redline in my next car, a Vette. (I hope).
grin.gif

A C5 will be my next car too! Unfortunately we're talking probably 5-10 years from now.
frown.gif

quote:

A C5 will be my next car too! Unfortunately we're talking probably 5-10 years from now

I'm going to a Corvette show in Carlisle Pennsylvania. It is aparently a great show with thousands of Vettes.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:

quote:

A C5 will be my next car too! Unfortunately we're talking probably 5-10 years from now

I'm going to a Corvette show in Carlisle Pennsylvania. It is aparently a great show with thousands of Vettes.

Take lots of pics for me to drool over please!
smile.gif

I have used RL in several vehicles but the longest is my 00 Nissan Xterra, 96k+ and RedLine since about 5K. I did my first UOA and posted it recently. While some of the numbers may not look good at first glance, there are a few reasons for them and its explained in my post. I think that some of the virtues of RL may have protected this engine in light of user/mechanical defects where maybe another oil wouldn't have. I'm still a big fan in spite of the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back