Long Term Storage

I have corro, boe and many other products.

Boe - works for guns, I did some reading online (yeah must be true then), this guy used it in his guns and worked. I sprayed some down the muzzle of few of rifles I seldom shoot.
Corro - works too, I used on the hinges on my OU, and handgun inside of the metal parts which is exposed to elements sometimes

Marine Grease - I coat all metal screws, metal parts in contact other metal parts of my M1 Garand, a light coat is all I apply to present corrosion overtime.

Corro or TSI 321 - ARs, Gas Guns - all screw threads get a drop so it wicks up the threads. I do the same to my vehicle nuts/screws etc often to present rust galvanic corro

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
For guns, Cosmoline. brown wax-like petroleum-based corrosion inhibitors, typically conforming to United States Military Standard MIL-C-11796C Class 3. They are viscous when freshly applied, have a slight fluorescence, and solidify over time and exposure to air. Nothing is better.

Rod.

I use RP - 342 military grade cosmoline wax on the undercarriage of all my vehicles. It has MIL-PRF-16173 Grade 4 and MIL-C-83933. And you're right nothing is better I've tried it all.

I have come to a conclusion that a better way is either Fluid Film, or for longer term......don't scream now........paste wax. I started using it on my hand tools and am impressed.

Originally Posted by 2cool
I have come to a conclusion that a better way is either Fluid Film, or for longer term......don't scream now........paste wax. I started using it on my hand tools and am impressed.

Wax or thick grease are about as good as it gets when it comes to corrosion protection. Something can't oxidize if no oxygen can get to it.

Back