Long drive 3k on Tech 2000 Synthetic 10w30, should I change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove the car for long drive of 3k miles back and forth, with average speed of 75mph highway, 3 days rest in between, with Tech2000 100% synthetic 10w30, oil still looks great. should I change @3k 5k or 8k?

I would leave it in there for 5k at least, those hwy miles are nothing on oil.

Think of it in terms of hours not miles on the oil. 200 hrs is a good interval to change out oil on a good dino, on synthetic who knows.

I went on a long trip 7 days on my Tribute with dalership oil (Petro Canada 5w20), it was 3k kms, I decided to change it out after the trip, it came out looking like it went in....what a waste.

I have it in for 5k already and hit some stupidly high OTs. I'm pretty much ready to change it now. 3k is way too early, more like 6k, imo. A3 rating generally means 7500mi in Euro cars. PS how do you like it...great for me.
grin.gif

Tech2000 is performing well so far, I can't see the difference between Mobil 1 supersyn in my car before the change. I can't make myself leave the Mobil 1 past 7k miles because it turned so dark!

I recently took a trip from Illinois to Washington State - practically non-stop. Total milage was 4,500, the oil (Mobil 1 5w30) was crystal clear and not down a drop.

I decided to start the OCI "clock" at 2,000 miles and ran to 10,000 miles (total of 12,000+ on the oil). Still looked pretty good at 12,000 miles.

Fear not, hiway miles are generally very easy on an oil. 6,000 or 8,000 miles will be a piece of cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back