Loctite (pink?) on seat rail to bottom / body?

97 Integra (Honda / Acura). I took the passenger seat out and the center rear bolt (closer to the center of the car, rear of front seat) is the only bolt that goes from top down to bottom vs at an angle into a ridge. It has pink Loctite looking thing on it but it doesn't look like it is a very strong Loctite, definitely not red but it is probably similar to blue.

I can see through the bottom of the car on that thread with loctite, and based on what I google it seems like pink is a gasket maker loctite. Has anyone done a seat replacement job and reapply loctite? If so, how do you clean and prep the thread before reapply?

Larger diameter hardened bolts used by Honda for critical loading applications such as engine mounts and seat foundations often come pre-applied with pink Loctite 211 Dri-Loc.

Loctite Dri-Loc 211

The breakaway torque for Loctite 211 is in the same range as blue Loctite 242. Just clean off any loose pink remnant with a fine wire brush and apply the 242 liquid. Any remaining pink 211 won't compromise the adhesion of blue 242 which cures in an anerobic state.

Back