LockNLube Coupler

Seem to remember one of the guys with a you tube channel using one . Maybe One Lonely Farmer or Eric O. of South Main Auto ?

Sorry , I have not used one myself . Newer cars have fewer and fewer lube points / grease zerks . I have Dads old grease gun and a newer harbor freight one . They seldom get used . Not saying that is good , just the way it is .

I've got one. It works just as advertised.

The only problem I've ever had is using it in tight spots where its bulkiness hinders.

Overall, it's awesome and would definitely recommend it.

I have one and it works great. I needed one since I lost the use of one of my arms from an accident. Really locks down tight. No grease leakage from around zerk fitting.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Newer cars have fewer and fewer lube points / grease zerks . I have Dads old grease gun and a newer harbor freight one . They seldom get used . Not saying that is good , just the way it is .
When I was young, it seemed a lot of things had them. Now, I rarely see them on new stuff. My dad had an old cement mixer that had them, that's the last time I've seen them and that mixer was probably older than I was and I'm 29. I'm not really around a lot of big expensive machinery, but they seemed to be more common in the past. Sealed suspension components have been the norm ever since I can remember, that pretty much did them in from what I can tell.

A standard hydraulic couple (regular grease gun coupler) holds fine if (a) it is in good condition, (b) it is put on straight, (c) if the zerk fitting isn't damaged. I'v used a lot of grease guns, sometimes where I really had to push the handle hard on a 10,000 psi grease gun, and if I had the coupler on straight, it stayed on. I wouldn't spend $30 on this gizmo.

I hope everyone knows a normal grease gun coupler can do this they are threaded. Counterclockwise opens the jaws, clockwise tightens the Jaws. It's a product for a problem that does not not exist.

I have one of these as well. It's a helpful product and I disagree that it is useless. Yes you can spin the body of a normal grease coupler to latch on tighter but I have had some stubborn zerks where only the Lock device worked. Though of course, one could just change out the zerk in that case.

If you have a vehicle with a bunch of zerks it's handy. I find myself often greasing nearly a dozen zerks for the front & rear driveshafts on my Toyota truck and the process is much improved with this tool.

I have been using the LockNLube coupler for a few years now and like it. It frees up one hand to check a boot to see if it has filled up adequately with grease or to hold a flashlight or for other tasks.

Thought I'd come and report my experience with a locknlube. I have some aftermarket control arms that have zerk fittings. My regular lube gun and coupler for what ever reason could not force lube in, it would just ooze out and make a mess around the fitting. Spent the $30+ on a lock and lube coupler and finally am I able to force grease into the bushings. For me, it was worth the money.

Back