List your personal top ten overrated musicians/ groups

LVB wrote the (arguably) finest piece of music in the history of Man:
Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125

I grew up with Aerosmith's first three albums - I ignored the rest
ELO had some nice pop tunes and Jeff Lynne's voice has an amazing timbre and tone

The other stuff has been over played over man decade and I can just play it in my head if I want to

Who listens to Styx or UFO or Rush anymore. I Rush ever got a singer they could have been good :)

I'll tell you I painted (stained) my house (log Cabin) listening to Kansas Leftoverture and Dave Stewart and the Spiritual Cowboys
crankin' on a JVC CD Boombox
I love ELO. Definitely one of my faves. Jeff Lynne’s group from the 60s “The Idle Race” was absolutely incredible!!

Oh boy, where do i start... Too much music that hurts my brain. I hate rap and pop the most but some bands like Nickelback, Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit take the cake. But i'm an old fart stuck in 1990 at best (i'm 28 haha).

Zee- we all know you sing the Afternoon Delight lyrics daily with an OCD compassion....

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
Gonna grab some afternoon delight
My motto's always been "When it's right, it's right"
Why wait until the middle of a cold, dark night
When everything's a little clearer in the light of day
And we know the night is always gonna be here anyway?

Thinkin' of you's workin' up a appetite
Lookin' forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together make the sparks ignite
And the thought of lovin' you is gettin' so excitin'

Skyrockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

Started out this mornin' feelin' so polite
I always thought a fish could not be caught who didn't bite
But you got some bait a-waitin' and I think I might
Like nibblin' a little afternoon delight

Skyrockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

Be waitin' for me, baby, when I come around
We can make a lot of lovin 'fore the sun go down

LMAO - The original video is neauseating. They had to be drugged pretty good to do that without laughing in each other's faces. :ROFLMAO:

#1 Madonna =
greatest talent is being flat out weird

#2 Bruce Springsteen =
why? how a celebrity? even his wife is 10x more talented as a writer / player / singer

#3 Beyonce =
for some strange reason would be worshiped as a celebrity regardless if she does anything or not!?

#4 Billy Cyrus =
one hit wonder? (wasn't a hit in my book, an amazingly agitating song)

#5 Miley Cyrus =
just too busy being NASTY to reveal if she has any other talents

#6 John Cougar + the John Cougar Mellencamp he became =
could he really be Bon Jovi's strange distant realative?

#7 Steven Tyler =
Worse impression of Mic Jagger ever

#8 Guns ‘n Roses =
should be banned from all recording studios to slow down the melting of the polar ice caps

#9 Bon Jovi =
great potential as a cover band or shady side of town hotel lounge act

#10 John Legend =
mainly (because of his social media pest of a fame crazed , lunatic wife!)

metallica
snoop dogg
ac/dc
red hot chili peppers
eminem
george jones
kiss
puff daddy, p.diddy, whatever he goes by now.
mariah carey
celine dion

yep, i like songs from kiss & ac/dc but they aint that great. the only metallica song im able to barely tolerate is the drum intro to enter sandman. for the life of me i just dont see what the fuss is about regarding metalllica. so many better bands out there that deserve to be heard. in general, i despise rap & country.

metallica
snoop dogg
ac/dc
red hot chili peppers
eminem
george jones
kiss
mariah carey
celine dion

yep, i like songs from kiss & ac/dc but they aint that great. the only metallica song im able to barely tolerate is the drum intro to enter sandman. for the life of me i just dont see what the fuss is about regarding metalllica. so many better bands out there that deserve to be heard. in general, i despise rap & country.
I'm listening to Metallica right now, lol.

metallica
snoop dogg
ac/dc
red hot chili peppers
eminem
george jones
kiss
mariah carey
celine dion

I like SOME, maybe 6-8 songs by RHCP. Flea can really play it. BUT if they try rap or crap or try to do soulish stuff, they suck and BAD. But some other straight rock and white depression songs, not bad. Studio only though. Live they REALLY suck.

I think it's wrong to dismiss an entire genre as irrelevant simply because you don't like it.
However.... at probably the very core of how one determines if someone is overrated or not is if you like them or not.

It's the popularity of the person mentioned versus if you like them or not. I say Billy Joel repeatedly... I'm sure Cosmo from Oyster Bay, Long Island living the good life over there I would say huh? Wha, Billy? Whaddayatalkinabout that's a cool cat and I love his music.

I can turn the radio off in 2/10 of a seconds flat when I hear any riff of any song of his.

I submit that this whole list is, at least in part, subjective.

I will now add my contribution for this post, one of the most overrated singers I feel is Ozzy Osbourne

Others come to me during the day especially when I hear them but I don't share every time I hear one.

When U2 forced their crappy album onto everyone with an iPod/iPhone without consent they went from "giant douchebags that have written a catchy song or two" to "insufferable douchebags that should be fired out of a cannon into the sun."
They're one of those bands that should've been a one hit wonder with New Year's Day, and then disappeared. After that, they became VERY boring.

Guns N Roses, Motley Crue, Poison etc etc. Trash, and if I hear them while driving, I'm guaranteed to go straight into road rage. I didn't like them when I was 14 either.

Green Day - you can tell their favorite band is The Ramones, as they've made a living on 3-chord songs.

Bro/modern country. Stop. It.

Back