List of vehicles/engines GC has been used in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2001 VW Jetta 2.8L 12v VR6 (80k miles)

Used Mobil1 0w-40 and T&SUV 5w-40 almost exclusively before trying GC. First impression was quieter running engine, and added smoothness. Gas mileage seems to be down a little.

2003 Lancer Evolution VIII 45k miles.

I normally run Mobil 1 T&SUV, however sence it is so hard to find now, I've been running GC, the next best thing.
wink.gif
My car normally uses about 1/2 quart every 3k miles with the M1, but this time it has not used as much according to the dipstick. Car runs normal as before otherwise.

2004 Dodge Neon SXT, 40000 miles, still noisy at start up but im starting to think that when the 2.0l is cold it makes noises, but when it warms up it purrrrrrrrs. havent got a full tank to see any fuel economy varience. This is one of the oils on my quest to find an oil that the car likes. So far it rates pretty high up there. I had been using M1 5w30 with noise all the time.

quote:

I am using the GC in my 02 VW Jetta TDI since Mobil 1 Truck&Suv was not available when the oil change was due.

Ach du lieber, Hans und Jürgen, zayh haff relegated our GC to zee role of zuitable zubztitute for M-M-M-Mo...I yoost cannot zay it! Mein Herz, she ist gebrochen!
wink.gif

'01 Olds Intrigue w/ "Shortstar" 3.5L V6. Seems to have drastically reduced its oil consumption (basically zero).

1994 Saab 900S.. 2.3 na engine. I put in the green (M04) with a WIX filter. The car seems so **** happy! It makes me warm inside to know my car is happy.

2004 Civic VP with Nippon filter @25394 Miles. Changed it TODAY.
It is very smooth...

"97 Nissan Maxima with 108,000 miles. Had 2 bad UOA's with Mobil 1 5w30 a couple years back, so have since been using GTX 5w30. Switched to GC (along with 8 oz Belgian Castrol 5w40 to top up) about 200 miles ago with a Mobil 1 filter. Engine is noticeably quieter , especially on startup (Mobil 1 made it extremely loud. GTX was actually the best in this regard. That is until now). And it seems smoother than normal. So far gas mileage seems on track, but no definitive data yet. I'm not expecting any difference that would be outside a margin of error.
Will do a UOA at 3000 miles to check up on it, and then go from there.
So far I like it. Unfortunately, my local AutoZone has no more. But they do have some dated M01**** ! Will be checking stores within a 50 mile radius...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back