Lisle Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not Snap-On quality, but mostly made in the USA. Easy availability at Sears and many auto parts stores.

Their "Import Car Filter Wrench" is super useful for Toyota oil filter removal.

Seems like they have a lot of auto specialty tools that are pretty decent quality, I will definitely keep them in mind in the future.

I have a Made in USA Lisle oil filter wrench cap for removing cartridge oil filter holder in my E430, it works perfectly for more than 6 years.

Many Snap-On tools are now made in China.

Snap-On tools are all about flash IMO. Use to be made by Stanley, maybe still are. Good quality, very high prices, suspect warrantee. I had a Snap-On guy refuse to warrantee a broken socket because I didn't buy it from him. So much for lifetime warrantee. I like Craftsman and Home Depot Huskey brand because of the no nonsense warrantee. Bring it in without a receipt and they give you a new one, no questions asked.

Lisle Tools are quality. In fact many other company's such as matco, snap on, and mac get tools from them and just re badge them. Before purchasing any specific tools such as ball joint removers and any other automotive tools from snap on or mac. search amazon for the same tools in the brand new lisle or otc they will be the same tool for half the price.

And this is coming from a guy that bought a snap on tool kit that was 23 hundred dollars BUT i have a student discount and the same tool kit is 55 hundred retail...I will say that no wrench compares to a snap on wrench and Ive used them all..

Last edited:
Lisle are good tools.I have a lot of their speciality air hammer attachment tools that hold up real well.
Most of their speciality stuff looks like its patented so when you see the same thing from Snap-On,Matco etc its definitely re branded.

Quote:
I will say that no wrench compares to a snap on wrench and Ive used them all.

Try Stahlwille and i think you may see Snap-On a little differently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back