Liquimoly Motor Oil Saver

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Figured I'd try it for my new-to-me 8 Passat wagon. It's got 103k on it and has some oil weeping from the oil pan so figured this may help. Anyone else have positive results with this additive?
20201227_214825.jpg

Last edited:
Anything that "thickens" oil is not something I would want in the sump during the winter months.
27.gif

It's got 0W oil in there and I don't live in a v. cold area (Richmond VA area). This is a seal conditioner not a thickener...that's the Visco-Plus additive they make.
It thickens oil too, in hopes to reduce consumption/stop leaks, or "save" oil. I would have gone with a HM oil if I was looking for seal conditioners, especially during the winter months.
Product description:
Motor Oil Saver
Rejuvenates rubber and plastic seals and compensates for reduction in engine oil viscosity (it increases viscosity). This stops oil leakage and eliminates blue exhaust smoke. Especially suitable for older engines. Treats up to 5 quarts (4.5 liters) of oil.

Last edited:
So a bit of both then. We'll see how it goes.

I wonder if this effectively turns a 0W to a 5W?

I used it my Sable, but really it was never leaking much. I do think it reduced burning a bit. I have a second tin I will put into my father's Taurus with RGT 0W-20 in lieu of HM oil, which does tend to weep. I think this is the best way to convert an oil to a HM one as MaxLife and Gunk no longer make concentrate additives. The only other inexpensive option is STP right now, and that didn't seem very impressive last I checked here although the VOA is deleted from the photo link site...

It works well, used it on a few different vehicles including a Toyota Sienna that would consume a bit of oil. (Shocking for those Toyota fan boys!).

It is thick, but does the job. I have two cans in my basement stash when needed.

It works well, used it on a few different vehicles including a Toyota Sienna that would consume a bit of oil. (Shocking for those Toyota fan boys!).

It is thick, but does the job. I have two cans in my basement stash when needed.

I think there are a number f Toyota engines over the years that have had issues with burning oil. I can't remember the exact vintage, but I know some of the older 1.8L's tend to coke up around the return passages and start using...

Reactions: JC1
Worked well on a 2010 Ford E-350 with a light oil pan leak.
That is what I was working on (oil pan leak) so after a few hundred more miles I'm curious to drop my belly pan and see if it's stopped.

Ended up having the pan gasket/seal changed shortly after. It had been damaged (hit) which was the source of the leak. I'll run this stuff just as a good measure when I change the oil this month.
20210528_093712.jpg

Back