LiquiMoly Molygen 0w20

Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 5.15.04 PM.jpg

here is a VOA i just got back for LiquiMoly MolyGen 0W20. What could lead to a TBN being lower than what's stated on the website? I know amsoil SS from reading previous threads here also had a discrepancy. Is it test methods?

Not sure why the discrepancy but I'd always go with the newest test rather than an older one. Perhaps the others test was before SP? Don't know. Should be decent oil for those requiring 0w-20. Thanks for testing.

I wish they checked the oil for tungsten as well I know black stone charges $25 extra and analyzes the sample for W. This oil supposed to have a healthy dose of it
I’ll probably do another VOA in the future to see if that can be added. Been using the 0w20 molygen since 24,500 and am nearing 38,000. Whatever they have in their additive pack has quieted the 1GR FE down even more than the TGMO dealer fills during the warranty period.

I’ll probably do another VOA in the future to see if that can be added. Been using the 0w20 molygen since 24,500 and am nearing 38,000. Whatever they have in their additive pack has quieted the 1GR FE down even more than the TGMO dealer fills during the warranty period.
Yeah that would be great to actually see the levels of tungsten in a used or virgin sample.

Back