Liquimoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40 - updated product sheet

Hello @mosaud1998

TiGeo's subject oil is on the left, "Yours" is on the right....

1607637552927.png
1607637576135.png

I personally would run LL04 oil in it. Thick W30 that has VW504.00/507.00, MB229.51 and LL04. FCP Euro has I think plenty options.

What do you think of the BMW 0W30 TPT LL-12FE? FCP says "BMW has discontinued 5W30 LL-04 TwinPower Turbo in favor of 0W30 LL-12FE. The 0W30 oil is back compatible to vehicles that used 5W30 from the factory."

The KV100 @ 9.7 makes it seem like it's not on the thick side and the HTHS is 3.21 so maybe it's not the best choice for the n54. I was looking at Pentosin's Super Performance III but couldn't find it's Noack value.

The info about BMW's oil is from this 0w30 comparison

What do you think of the BMW 0W30 TPT LL-12FE? FCP says "BMW has discontinued 5W30 LL-04 TwinPower Turbo in favor of 0W30 LL-12FE. The 0W30 oil is back compatible to vehicles that used 5W30 from the factory."

The KV100 @ 9.7 makes it seem like it's not on the thick side and the HTHS is 3.21 so maybe it's not the best choice for the n54. I was looking at Pentosin's Super Performance III but couldn't find it's Noack value.

The info about BMW's oil is from this 0w30 comparison
Nope. I personally would never put that in engine. I know that use that FE garbage in N55, but I did not hear about use in N54.
It just dawn to me that if you like Redline, they have this:

Nope. I personally would never put that in engine. I know that use that FE garbage in N55, but I did not hear about use in N54.
It just dawn to me that if you like Redline, they have this:

I do like Red Line, recently bought their CVT fluid for my Honda and this 5w30 euro seems to check all the boxes for the n54.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction! You saved me from making some poor choices.

So LM is trash now? Guess I'll switch to Pento

I wouldn't say it's trash if Noack is what you're basing the decision on.

Here's a VOA of the Pento Super Performance III 5W30 from a Russian forum

Most likely it was a bad batch but the Noack was 11.6. It's not supposed to be more than 10 so even if it's within spec, it's similar #'s to leichlauf.

2015-11-08_090207.png

I do like Red Line, recently bought their CVT fluid for my Honda and this 5w30 euro seems to check all the boxes for the n54.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction! You saved me from making some poor choices.

I wouldn't say it's trash if Noack is what you're basing the decision on.

Here's a VOA of the Pento Super Performance III 5W30 from a Russian forum

Most likely it was a bad batch but the Noack was 11.6. It's not supposed to be more than 10 so even if it's within spec, it's similar #'s to leichlauf.

View attachment 36358
That Redline is low-SAPS formulation. I would not run it more than 7,500km considering that is is seriously low on TBN and Ester based. But, it chock both checkbox for you:
1. It is light oil, but has high HTHS. So it is suitable for short trips and for hot running turbos.
2. It is Low Noack and SAPS both important to limit CBU.

Ther eis also 5W40 version. But, short trips, 5W30 is better.

That Redline is low-SAPS formulation. I would not run it more than 7,500km considering that is is seriously low on TBN and Ester based. But, it chock both checkbox for you:
1. It is light oil, but has high HTHS. So it is suitable for short trips and for hot running turbos.
2. It is Low Noack and SAPS both important to limit CBU.

Ther eis also 5W40 version. But, short trips, 5W30 is better.

Good advice with the OCI.

I think it's considered a mid SAPS oil because it's >0.5%. This post says 0.63%

At this point though, it's close enough... just technical obsession which I'm sure many of us here have :)

Back