Liquimoly does have MoS2! Ok....a bit of additive sub-forum clickbait

An LM oil change kit for my Golf from FCP Euro is ~$70 including filter and drain plug. If I do M1 xW40 from Wally and a Fram filter and an amazon drain plug I'm likely around $50. So $20 less to do Wally and I have to go to the store and find this stuff. I click click click and it shows up a few days later. Then I can return it if I choose (have to cover shipping but it fits in a USPS large $21 flat rate box) so I'm about a wash in the end so the trip to Wally is a wash with the trip to UPS/Fedex/USPS to return the kit.

I can buy LM at wholesale prices and it is still significantly more. 4200 is $56.62 for 5L. I buy ESP on sale at Canadian Tire for $38-39. Not to mention it's an even bigger difference because I need two jugs.

I can buy LM at wholesale prices and it is still significantly more. 4200 is $56.62 for 5L. I buy ESP on sale at Canadian Tire for $38-39. Not to mention it's an even bigger difference because I need two jugs.
Ah you are in Canada. The RS3 kit at FCP is $97 so yeah, a bit more than my kit with 2 extra quarts but if you do the lifetiime replacement then it's cost of shipping...if you are in the U.S. Like you said, it's a cost thing at some point for oil that is not any "better".

The FCP "free oil change" deal also lends to the "rabid fan base" - it's cheaper than using the other stuff as well if you do it right.
Not anymore. :LOL::( I mean you can still put the store credit towards other things, but it isn't the deal it once was.

Here you go (all the way on the right)....at the track pro shop. I've never seen it but shake well before using! 🤣

View attachment 124992
the ceratec man strikes again. :LOL:
Y U NO take the green soluble tungsten instead?
y-u-no-guy-small.jpg

Because of the way it is marketed and its rabid fan base. It's the Chemical Guys of oil. They market to people that don't really know **** but want to act like experts.

Every single Euro group/forum/shop conversation about oil goes like this:

A: what oil should I use?

B: Liqui Moly bro, it's the best
C: I only use Liqui Moly
D: Liqui Moly dude, Euro oil for a Euro car
E: Liqui Moly my engine loves it

F: Mobil 1 is great and meets specs

B: that junk will blow up your engine
C: thin like water, idiot
D: Liqui Moly bro
E: bro bro bro bro vape vape bro
But bro (hits vape) do you even have a Liquimoly microfiber?

20221107_130848.jpg

Not anymore. :LOL::( I mean you can still put the store credit towards other things, but it isn't the deal it once was.
For sure. For me it's fine...I have 3 VWs so a few hundred in rolling store credit is no issue for consumables.

the ceratec man strikes again. :LOL:
Y U NO take the green soluble tungsten instead?
y-u-no-guy-small.jpg
I didn't take any but yeah in my car the Molygen tungsten Predator blood would have been my purchase.

I don't get all the hate for Liquimoly stuff.

I'm not a fan boy by any stretch of the imagination. But if it's available in the specification I require at the right price point then I will absolutely purchase it. They're a reputable manufacturer with approvals. I don't understand what's not to like.

I used their engine flush with exceptional results. And I've had varying results with their Ceratec, from no change to quite an improvement.
Me neither

amount of lqm hype is off the charts... instrument broke beyond repair.:D
The other part of the LM "thing" to me at least is their support of the Euro car enthusiast community. They are at the events, the shops that do the work at the events are using it, the online vendors/shops that you buy all your vape-boi stuff from sell it so in that respect, buying LM as a choice over say M1 is really in many ways for me a support of businesses I like so in that regard, LM is a good thing.

Edit: And since I get it from FCP and it's free/at most $21 shipping it's still cheaper than anything at Walmart.

Edit edit: And I'm paying $100 for a HPL change in my GSW.

Last edited:
What's different between LiquiMoly marketing and all the Walmart crap I read on this forum?
Are you implying that the europeans know nothing about oil since there it's the most sold?
I'd take their R & D dept over Amsoil and Amsoil is a good product.
Interestingly, Liqui-Moly is now owned by the Wurth group, quite similar to CP buying Redline.

Also, it's definitely not the most sold oil in Europe, I think it may be the most popular with enthusiasts or some similar metric, I believe it may be Castrol that's the most popular in Europe overall if I remember the conversations on this here in the past.

Because of the way it is marketed and its rabid fan base. It's the Chemical Guys of oil. They market to people that don't really know **** but want to act like experts.

Every single Euro group/forum/shop conversation about oil goes like this:

A: what oil should I use?

B: Liqui Moly bro, it's the best
C: I only use Liqui Moly
D: Liqui Moly dude, Euro oil for a Euro car
E: Liqui Moly my engine loves it

F: Mobil 1 is great and meets specs

B: that junk will blow up your engine
C: thin like water, idiot
D: Liqui Moly bro
E: bro bro bro bro vape vape bro
That is hilarious and true. But i always say, that's not LM fault. That's the idiots who don't bother doing the research.

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan but can't stand Skip Bayless and the hoards of obnoxious Dallas fans.

That is hilarious and true. But i always say, that's not LM fault. That's the idiots who don't bother doing the research.

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan but can't stand Skip Bayless and the hoards of obnoxious Dallas fans.
I just can't think of a single reason to use LM oil. The stuff is unremarkable and overpriced.

There's nothing to be a fan of. The evangelical following is the icing on the cake.

Interestingly, Liqui-Moly is now owned by the Wurth group, quite similar to CP buying Redline.

Also, it's definitely not the most sold oil in Europe, I think it may be the most popular with enthusiasts or some similar metric, I believe it may be Castrol that's the most popular in Europe overall if I remember the conversations on this here in the past.
Gee I must be way behind in the news! When did did Wurth Grp?

Back