Liqui-Moly Engine Flush

Wow those look good before/after! It HAS to be something else, not the LM product....;)

View attachment 125280
Indeed however IMO the caveat has always been neglected vs well maintained engine. Basically if you over maintain the lubrication system you'll realize less results simply because the system is already very clean therefore you're not getting your $$ worth.

Obviously that wasn't the case with this neglected vehicle worked on by @Bailes1992

Just used a can myself.

20221213_103501.jpg

92K on my Sportwagen at this point and I've used the LM Engine Flush product 6x over that period as a preventitive/prophylactic. Some pics that have been posted elsewhere here but figured capture them here in the product thread. Was super clean when it was apart for a timing chain tensioner repair (bolts snapped) last year. Also a peak at the cams up top when I replaced my PCV shortly after. May have zero to do with it...or may have been part of it. This was mostly before I switched over to HPL so almost all Liquimoly oils up until this point. I suspect my rings look good too but of course don't know without taking out the pistons.

timing chain repair 1.jpg
timing chain repair 2.jpg
20221125_173423.jpg

I haven’t used engine oil additives or flushes since the 60s—70s. I was always trying to overdo things to a fault, and I got tired of paying for my mistakes. Today, I use RedLine and most recently, Maxima RS530, so I’m pretty much running on engine flush ‘Ester‘ all the time. 🧹

Used it and an OK product. On changing oil/filter our first trial dose of Rislone High kilometre/Mileage Engine Treatment. Results readily apparent and getting better. Rislone half the price of the LM flush.

The only constant seems to be the flush. Do you use this at every OCI on every vehicle?
Not every time but regularly. My Sportwagen has had this probably 6x in ~95K...pics above...looks new. Atlas has had it 2x I believe. First time on Focus. W8 had it a few times as well. I like the product and can't see how it isn't worth a go to give a more "complete" drain and if it removes some deposits along the way...bonus!

Last edited:
I can honestly say I think the best thing about LiquiMoly it's probably their additives for lowering consumption, lifter noise and ticking and their ceramic additive. their oils aren't really nothing to write home about. I would say that intentionally just sway anybody from not using them I just think there's nothing spectacular. it seems that most of their oils are mostly group three but nothing standing out for a shootout with Amsoil,Redline or High Performance Lubricants and maybe even hmx or HPS product line from Royal Purple. they kind of remind me a lot of BG products. I think they have a lot more going for them on the additive side where people are having issues but as far as the oils they make they're usually kind of high-priced and I don't see any advantage.

Back